“Just Don't...”
Review of New China

New China
Ranked #73 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I love Chinese buffets, but I should have been more observant. All the letters were missing outside but the W. This was hubbys choice, not mine. It was warm inside and no music. Just the clanging of pots. Very little to choose from, and not appetizing. One mouthful of chicken broccoli (the only thing I recognized that I like) and I couldn't swallow. It was rubber. The Place was also dirty. Food on the sides of the buffet case and walls dingy..old furniture..just not very welcoming or comfortable. I put my fork down and walked out. Husband said he ate one plate because he didn't want to waste it, but it wasn't good. Kids didn't like it either. We drove over to Sonic and I got a burger. There are SO many good places..just don't even waste your time. Generally, I wouldn't waste my time on a bad review, but this warranted mention by me and my husband. He told me to take the time and review it.

2  Thank Angelique W

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Place is great been eating here for years. It has a good selection on buffet 25 to 30 items, plus a full menu to choose from, and delivery. We eat here once or twice a week, also they stay open late. If you come in when it's slow they ask you to let them know if there's anything you want they'll make fresh so.. NFO tourists

1  Thank Obxfanatic1
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We got there about 15 minutes after opening at 11 AM and thought that the food might be fresh and hot..........NOT!
Although I had a few items that had a good flavor, most were not even lukewarm. The price is right but the food often is not...........when we saw fresh trays coming from the kitchen those were quite good but the majority of items seemed like leftovers at home and not very good ones in some cases.
We might be tempted again in the future but probably will not go back with all of the other made to order restaurants in the area............somewhat worried about that lukewarm food and maybe the FDA or NC inspectors need to pay a visit for a nice lunch!!!

1  Thank OBXRon
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Last day in OBX and my wife and I were in the mood for some Chinese. The GPS had us going to Kill Devil Hills to eat when I saw New China and decided to stop there. Well that was the biggest mistake we could make. New China had a very small selection to choose from. The stuff that actually was on the buffet was ice cold and tasted like it sat there from the night before. I finished my plate because I hate wasting food, but I could not stomach to take another bite. The best part of the meal was the fortune cookie.

1  Thank MPhillips1031
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Our first night in town my wife and I were very tired and hungry. it was around 9pm and we called in an order to be delivered to our hotel room.
When it arrived we found the food not to be very fresh. My sweet & sour pork was not cooked well because the batter coating was hardly crunchy on the outside and then was VERY gooey raw batter beneath. The pork tasted spoiled. My wife's food was not fresh either. It almost made me sick. Be careful of this place is you are brave to eat there.

1  Thank Bubbie1960