Sea Foam Motel
Colonial Inn(Nags Head)
US$100
US$95
Hotwire.com
Comfort Inn South Oceanfront(Nags Head)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$134
US$145
Surf Side Hotel(Nags Head)(Great Value!)
US$160
Travelocity
Owens' Motel(Nags Head)
US$77
Hotwire.com
  • Beachfront
Blue Heron Motel(Nags Head)
All reviewsscreen doorthe outer bankssecond floorold schooljeannette's pierholiday innocean viewprivate balconynice pooloff seasondefinitely stay here againfull kitchenstaff was very friendlygazebobeachsandmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 September 2010

The Sea Foam is an old motel but it looks like they had repainted the doors and much of the woodwork. The room we had was very clean and plenty of towels in the bathroom. No bugs. The pool was nice and open from 9-9 which was great. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Our son had never been to the beach, so we scheduled this trip to Nags Head as a treat. We rented the Elizabeth Cottage, as the price was great. The place is just a little rough on the outside, but inside the cottage was clean. The linens were nice and plentiful, the kitchen was well stocked, there were no bugs, no mold, no funny smells as you so often find at beachside motels. The staff was courteous and friendly. The swimming pool was as clean as could be and heated, a pleasure at 8pm swimming under the stars! They have sandbagged the shoreline, preventing the high tides from eroding their property. Every morning we were up with the sunrise, enjoying complimentary coffee and watching the surf and pristine beach. The only complain, which is hardly worth mentioning, was the carpet in the cottage was old and felt a bit ...greasy...and left me with dirty feet. Considering the amount of sand we tracked in, though, it was hardly noticeable. All in all, it was an excellent, relaxing stay and we will return!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2010

This was our second stay at the Sea Foam Motel in two years and I have been impressed both times. We found that spending the Friday night before our week rental begins helps us to avoid the traffic chaos coming into the Outer Banks on Saturday.

The Sea Foam is a great value for a beachfront hotel, you really can't beat the location.
I appreciated the cleanliness of the room and bathroom, the comfortable beds, and the friendliness of the staff. The decor is a throwback with its wood paneling and interesting art on the wall, but my husband and I both find this charming. We did not use the pool area, but it appeared to be clean and well kept.

The only drawback I have noticed both times is the thinness of the walls. It would be difficult to sleep in given that it is relatively easy to hear your neighbor.

Overall, the Sea Foam is a solid, clean, comfortable, well-located motel that we found to be more then sufficient for a night, or a few nights. I don't think we would stay a week, but it has served our purposes nicely and we will continue to stay there for these reasons.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We only stayed for a couple days because we had rented a beach house and we wanted to go early. When we had got unpacked and settled in we couldn't believe the view it was outstanding!! Yeah the rooms looked retro but you have to respect it because it is historic considering it was built in the 1940's. The heat lamps in the bathroom my friend thought was just amazing! The only thing that was a little strange was the sand bags but we asked the people in the office why they were there and they said because when the hurricane came the sand bags kept it up and that's why the hotels aside it weren't there anymore so I respect that. After my trip I found out that I knew friends that stayed there and we just went on and on about how great the stay was! I recommend this motel 100% and next year the dock will be open!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2010

Hi,

we went to NC for the 1st time and wanted a place to stay on the beach and close to family we would be visiting with.

We had a great stay..our room was poolside - steps away from the ocean - clean, large rooms! Pool always clean - fresh coffee in the morning!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family