“Great value and pampering!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of First Colony Inn

First Colony Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Nags Head B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great value and pampering!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2006

Great value and pampering! We went in the off season during the week and took advantage of the stay 2 nights get one free. We got much more than our money's worth. We arrived on Valentine's Day and they had placed complimentary chocolates, a rose, and strawberries on our bed! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They were always eager to answer our many questions. The inn was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast and afternoon snack were delicious and filling. Though not directly on the beach, it was very easy to get to many attractions from the inn. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed February 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2005

This looked like a beautiful place to stay in Nags Head. However, when I called the inn to get some more details and ask about the Outer Banks (I have never been), the gentleman who answered the phone could not have been more rude. He acted like I was intruding on his day and treated me like I was ridiculous for asking questions like, "What is the weather like at this time of year? Have you been having a warm fall?" He responded, "I've lived here all my life. It's hot in the summer, it's cold in the winter. What more do you want to know?"

With that, we will not stay at this hotel. What horrible customer service and a bad first impression. In my opinion, if this is how they are treating you on the phone when you are trying to make a decision, what is the in-person treatment going to be like?

We will be staying on either Roanoke Island or in Duck.

• Stayed October 2005
25 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2005

I stayed here in August 2004. My boyfriend and I both enjoyed staying here because it was centrally located and had ample parking and a very pleasant breakfast. We stayed in a suite, I think. The bed was large and the pillows were fluffy. It had a large sitting area, a kitchette, and large bathroom with whirlpool tub. The staff were friendly and helpful. It was very clean.

One thing that surprised me is that the hotel is situated BEHIND several other hotels, which mostly blocks the view of the water. However, the beach is a short walk down a wooden path.

Overall it was a restful, relaxing kind of place with charm to it. I would go back again.

• Stayed August 2004
12 Thank syrurs1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2005

This 26-room B&B was beautiful, clean, well-maintained, and since we went right before the 'peak' season, extremely affordable for all the amenities (including everything from all the beach towels you needed to wine opener in the room and free VCR rentals at the front desk). The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was good. We enjoyed our cute room overlooking the pool.

It was also in a good location across from the ocean and near the water sports rental (across the street from the bay). It is walking distance from several good restaurants and bars.

I would DEFINITELY recommend this to friends and family and return in the near future.
Enjoy it!

• Stayed May 2005
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Roanoke, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2003

This was very nice. We went during the summer high price season, upon making a few calls, I found this bed & breakfast at the same average price as any other "motel" on the beach front. Although it is not beach front, it does have a view of the sound and a private boardwalk to the beach. The atmosphere is quaint and quiet with very few kids and mainly couples. The breakfast is a continental with a few hot items that are changed daily, from pancakes to quiche. There is also a complimentary afternoon tea, which includes lemonades, cheese, fruit, and crackers.
The swimming pool is large enough for laps and well kept. The entire hotel is very clean and well maintained along with a nice responsive staff. My husband and I enjoyed it thoroughly. We will stay again.

26 Thank UofRParent
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Nags Head Beach Inn
Nags Head Beach Inn
#5 of 5 in Nags Head

Been to First Colony Inn? Share your experiences!