First Colony Inn
Comfort Inn South Oceanfront(Nags Head)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$170
US$162
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Blue Heron Motel(Nags Head)
Tar Heel Motel(Nags Head)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswrap around porchprivate boardwalkheated towel barantique furniturethe outer banksnice libraryhot dishrocking chairsday bedshort walkstep back in timethird floorsocial hourafternoon happy hourfour poster bedbed and breakfastcheese and crackers
Reviewed 13 April 2006

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Although this is not beach front it is in a good location between the Beach Rd (NC 12) and the main drag (US 159) There is a private walkway to the beach and good views of the bay from the west side of the Inn.

The Library and Breakfast Room are charming. The breakfasts were quite good. The days we stayed there were the standard continental fare plus an egg dish and a meat.

The exterior is in need of some paint and other maintenance. Also the is a fair amount of mechanical noise in the rooms. I was not sure if the noise was from AC units in other rooms or other equipment in the building. Also, unless you neighbors are extremely quiet you will be able to hear them if you are staying in an "A" room. The rooms are clean and there is cable TV in the rooms.

We would probably stay here again but would stay in a larger room on the 2nd floor.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank fixgames
Reviewed 4 March 2006

My husband recently came home from Iraq and I booked a few nights at the First Colony Inn in Nags Head, NC. It looked very nice online and looks can be very deceiving. We have been very disappointed before with places that we booked online but, I have read some great reviews on the place so we took a chance.

I am so happy that we did. That place was absolutely beautiful. Even though that weather was chilly it did not matter to us. The room was everything that we wanted and more. It did have a stain on the carpet that could be cleaned. The room was very clean, warm and inviting. The sheets and towels all smelled so nice and fresh......very soft too. The staff was very friendly to accomidate out needs.

I will be going back there again some day. Thanks for a wonderful stay at a beautiful inn.
Jackie & Steven.......Semper Fi

10  Thank ammowife
A TripAdvisor Member
Statesville, NC
Reviewed 22 February 2006

Great value and pampering! We went in the off season during the week and took advantage of the stay 2 nights get one free. We got much more than our money's worth. We arrived on Valentine's Day and they had placed complimentary chocolates, a rose, and strawberries on our bed! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They were always eager to answer our many questions. The inn was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast and afternoon snack were delicious and filling. Though not directly on the beach, it was very easy to get to many attractions from the inn. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed: February 2006
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago
Reviewed 6 October 2005

This looked like a beautiful place to stay in Nags Head. However, when I called the inn to get some more details and ask about the Outer Banks (I have never been), the gentleman who answered the phone could not have been more rude. He acted like I was intruding on his day and treated me like I was ridiculous for asking questions like, "What is the weather like at this time of year? Have you been having a warm fall?" He responded, "I've lived here all my life. It's hot in the summer, it's cold in the winter. What more do you want to know?"

With that, we will not stay at this hotel. What horrible customer service and a bad first impression. In my opinion, if this is how they are treating you on the phone when you are trying to make a decision, what is the in-person treatment going to be like?

We will be staying on either Roanoke Island or in Duck.

• Stayed: October 2005
25  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 June 2005

I stayed here in August 2004. My boyfriend and I both enjoyed staying here because it was centrally located and had ample parking and a very pleasant breakfast. We stayed in a suite, I think. The bed was large and the pillows were fluffy. It had a large sitting area, a kitchette, and large bathroom with whirlpool tub. The staff were friendly and helpful. It was very clean.

One thing that surprised me is that the hotel is situated BEHIND several other hotels, which mostly blocks the view of the water. However, the beach is a short walk down a wooden path.

Overall it was a restful, relaxing kind of place with charm to it. I would go back again.

• Stayed: August 2004