“Will Definitely be back, Customer Service does exist!”
Review of Surf Side Hotel

Surf Side Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Nags Head
Stafford, Virginia
“Will Definitely be back, Customer Service does exist!”
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Just happened upon the Surf Side and am sure glad we did. The hotel was affordable, very clean and the staff was AWESOME. I have never encountered such a helpful, courteous staff at any hotel I have stayed at. They went above and beyond to make sure everything about our stay was to our liking. Both the morning and afternoon staff were amazing, super friendly and very helpful and informative. Unfortunately, my fiance got extremely ill on the day we were supposed to leave and there was no way we could travel, the hotel staff was very accomodating in getting us into a different room (the room we were in was booked for that night) as quickly and efficiently as possible. After returning from the hospital, the staff inquired more than once as to how my fiance was feeling and seemed genuinely concerned. All I can say is KUDOS to the incredible staff and you have earned a return customer for sure!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Joyfulgrl
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Surf Side Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
I have said it before in response to reviews and I will say it many more times to come, we have the very best people working in the hotel business working with us at the Surf Side! It doesnt matter how great a location is, how beautiful a room is, or how amazing breakfast is each morning, without a wonderful staff a hotel can not be a special place like the Surf side without warm caring staff members working to make your vacation all that is should be. As much as we promote customer service from a corporate stand point, if it isn't in the person it doesnt come across well and we are lucky enough to have those special people that truly care. So thank you for staying with us and thank you for letting our staff know that they are doing a great job. We share all of our reviews with the staff to let them know how they are being judged by our guests so It means a great deal to them when they work so hard in a difficult position.
Seaboard Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 3 July 2011

As advertised, this hotel is clean, quiet, simple. Takes care of all your needs while at this gorgeous beach; yet is not pretentious or over-priced. Property is well-maintained, staff is friendly and helpful, rooms are cool and quiet. Good for families or couples.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CindyJacobs
Love the simple to the point review that cover all of the main points. I know from using Tripadvisor myself when traveling that these are the reviews that are most helpful and easy to understand when searching for a hotel you know nothing about. As operators of independent hotels we know we have to work harder to prove our product since we don't have a franchise flag flying that gives a customer a sense of comfort. We like being independent because we feel we know how to do it better than the chains so your review allows a potential guest the quick info that should make them comfortable without unneccessary babbling. Thank you for the review and for staying with us, it is sincerely appreciated.
Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Back door is the beach. From all sides you can hear and see the beach. Out the back door by the outdoor pool onto the deck and you are on the beach. The beach is clean, there is room to breathe as you can actually find some sand you can play on without stepping on people. Customer service is good and accomodating. The kids loved the spaciousness to play in the ocean and then go for a swim in the outdoor pool.

Room Tip: Reserve early
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Surf Side Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2011
When it comes to amazing oceanfront locations the Surf Side is as good as it gets, thank you for letting others know about our awesome location. I appreciate the review and your business.
machipongo
Reviewed 25 June 2011

My wife and I are here now!! We came down from Va. to celebrate our 40th anniversary. She found this gem by accident on the internet. She read the reviews and we decided to give it a try. As soon as we opened the door to our room, we were impressed. Very clean, nice amenities{ even an ice maker just for your coolers}. It is close to restaurants, shopping, and right on the ocean. Employees are friendly and give good advice as to restaurants that are used by locals. We hadn't been in our room 30 minutes when we were presented with a bottle of champagne for our anniversary. Very nice beach, clean and wide. We really like this place and plan on returning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: just come, you will not regret it.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank compostman
I suppose being found by accident is as valid as on purpose as long as you enjoyed your stay. The best part is that we are meeting our goal by making your experience while staying with us one that will make you want to come back again. We want every guests first stay with us to be the first of many to come. We will be looking forward to your next visit. Thank you for the business and for taking the time to write a review about us. It is sincerely appreciated.
cheers,
Virginia
Reviewed 20 June 2011

This was our second trip to Surf Side. We were again very happy with them. The front desk is expecially helpful. They will work with you on reservations, give you advice on meals, and assist in any way possible. The room was terrific. Very large with a huge bed, sofa, chairs, and balcony. We slept like babies.

They also have a nice b-fast and happy hour. And a great pool, with beach access. We highly recommend them.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank prdVA
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. Our sucess for the last 27 years has been built on making first time visits the first of many and we work hard to make every stay more enjoyable than the last. We look forward to having you stay with us again and again and offering the expereince like the Surf Side is your beach home on the Outer Banks. Thank you for your business and for the review, I sincerely appreciate both.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I stayed here on June 13th and we came close to cancelling Charleston to stay another 2 nights. The hotel is wonderful. it is right on the ocean. I have stayed in Hawaii on the ocean but this was different. The cool breeze of the Atlantic enabled me to keep my balcony door open. We did not encounter any nasty insects like we did in Hawaii. The staff was the BEST hotel personal I have ever came across. I would hire these people in a heartbeat. In the 5 minutes I was in the check in line, there were 2 problems that arose. The people checking in next to me were really unreasonable. They wanted upgrades for nothing, (Do travelers understand that hotel owners have a right to make a living?) and I swear the may was almost in tears. The staff handled it professionally and Mr. Crybaby was happy. The other check-in person was answering inane questions from some woman on the phone. One of the questions asked by inane telephone person was " can you see the ocean from the beach" I personally would have hung up on her. To check in lady's credit , she answered every one of their questions. The room was huge and considering the property is right on the ocean, with weather conditions unlike Hawaii the hotel is in great condition. They have the same amenities as hotel chains, but what you will not get with a chain, unlike this place is service. If I ever get back to the outer banks , I will certainly stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank jwong29371
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Surf Side Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Thank you for the wonderful review and for making me laugh! Oh if people only knew what it is like to stand at the desk of a hotel and work with the people that are described in this review. I appreciate it because I have done it and I know how difficult it can be to keep up excellent customer service when irrational people act irrationally. This is a true testament to the quality of people we have on out team at the Surf Side. I have watched the exact same scenarios play out and I feel blessed to have such great peope working with us. We are nothing but a big building sitting in a great location without these people. Our staff is what brings the building to life and makes our hotel experience different from any other on the Outer Banks. So thank you for taking the time to review the Surf Side, thank you for staying with us, and thank you for recognizing our amazing crew. they are the best!
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We chose the weekend prior to Memorial wkd in the hopes of enjoying some much needed quiet time and relaxation. We were not dissapointed, from the moment we arrived, entered our room, walked the beach, had a glass of wine on the balcony, our time spent at Surf Side exceeded our expectations. My husband and I enjoyed our stay very much and plan to return. Our only regret is that you do not accept pets, our lab would have an amazing time!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank debyann62
The Surf Side truly is a special place for people like yourself who are simply looking to relax and enjoy the amazing tranquility of looking out over the Atlantic from your private balcony while enjoying a beverage and the company of someone close to you. I wish I could do it when I am staying at the hotel! I greatly appreciate your kind words in the review and for choosing to stay with us. We will be looking forward to your next stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nags Head
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
Comfort Inn South Oceanfront
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Surf Side Hotel? Share your experiences!