“Wonderful Visit!”
Review of Surf Side Hotel

Surf Side Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Nags Head
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed at Surfside for 2 nights the 3rd week in September. Had a 3rd floor room facing north towards the parking lot. You might think, not so good, but it was excellent. We had great views of the ocean, sound, and looking north up the beach road. The room and building were clean and well kept up. The breakfast had everything I'd expect for an included breakfast. Easy, short walk to the beach. Didn't use pool but looked nice and clean. Excellent staff! Had an issue with an expired drivers license and staff went out of their way to help me replace it. Couldn't thank them enough. Nice touches like 24 hr coffee bar and ice cold lemon water during the day. I'd definitely stay there again and would highly recommend it. I am a 63 year old reviewer traveling with my wife.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Surf Side Hotel

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband & I were down for the OBX Bluegrass Festival just across the sound in Manteo. I had searched for a highly-rated, comfortably-priced, clean hotel to serve as home base for the 4 days we'd be there. Because we would not be "beaching", I chose a 4th floor OceanVIEW king [as opposed to OceanFRONT] but the view was marvelous -- ocean to the left; sound to the right; pool below. The check-in was easy, the breakfast was plentiful & included healthy options!!!!; the staff were ALL friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and comfortable. No complaints...no worries....just what one needs when vacationing. We'd definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lelia103
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I decided to enjoy a long weekend in Nags Head and after reading several reviews on this site, I settled on the Surf Side Hotel. I'm so glad I did! From the moment I walked in, I felt at home. It's an older hotel, but impeccably maintained. Everything was incredibly clean and all of the staff were wonderfully friendly! The continental breakfast was a welcomed change from average continental breakfasts in that it included hot items. It's wonderful to be right on the beach as well! I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I stayed in the main building and the view was incredible!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessica T
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Surf Side Hotel is the best value at Nags Head. Rooms are spacious, clean and updated.

I would definitely go back, and encouraged my brother to stay there on his next vacation to the OBX.

We got great advice from the hotel personnel about where to eat and what to do in the local area.

Room Tip: Love the balcony and the ocean view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This was our third time staying at this hotel and it is always a pleasure to stay here. The staff is polite and very helpful and they go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. We stayed in the building with the elevator but we asked to see a few rooms in the other building as well and they were very nice rooms even if you have to climb up a few stairs. We will be returning to stay at this hotel next year if possible as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DWOBX
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We have vacationed at the Outer Banks for over 50 years, and stayed at the Surf Side at least once a year for the past 25+ years. We have always felt at home and enjoyed the welcoming and courteous staff. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and kept up to date with paint and furnishings.. All rooms have an ocean view, the continental breakfast is more than adequate, and the 4:00PM. wilne social is an unexpected perk.

We highly recommend this fine hotel and look forward to many more visits.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terry T
Reviewed 5 October 2013

While dated, this hotel is very clean and the staff very helpful. Towels available for the pool. We stayed for one night. Beachfront room. Beautiful view. Nice soap and shampoo provided. Quiet hotel. Great location. Did not stay for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Surf Side Hotel? Share your experiences!