“everyone bent over backwards!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn New Bern

Hampton Inn New Bern
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Raleigh, North Carolina
“everyone bent over backwards!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

An exceptionally attentive staff. I stayed here while my husband was in hospital, and - having just recovered from knee surgery myself, but having no handicapped sticker - explained to desk clerk that I really needed a close parking space. No problem. The breakfast was quite good, and I loved the afternoon baked cookies. VERY good coffee, too, a rarity in hotel chains. And the bed was very comfy. I love that each guest gets a clean duvet cover.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
I’m so grateful that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel. I hope that, knowing how committed my staff and I are to providing the best stay for all of our guests, each person who walks through our doors has a mindset such as yours by the time they leave us. We will literally “bend over backwards” for everyone because we want every guest to feel at home. Of course, there is no place like home, but we try our hardest to be as close to home as possible. Thank you for your comments!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Woodbridge, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

The experience at the New Bern Hampton was OK, but nothing special. It was one of the more expensive chain hotels in the area and I expected a little more for the money. Next time, I'll try a B&B or another hotel closer to town.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Joe S
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell our future guests about your stay with us. I’m sorry to see that your experience at our Hampton Inn was just “OK.” My staff and I aim to create a magnificent and memorable experience with all of our guests, which we hope will replace that “ok” with something like “Superb!” or “Excellent!” We truly treat our guests like family, as they are guests in our home. I would love another opportunity to exceed your expectations and, as many travelers will agree, show you why we are the best hotel in North Carolina! I hope to welcome you again soon.
Forest City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel over 10 nights this year on several different reservations. The staff is by far some of the best I have encounter across the entire Hampton brand. If you want the truly best place to stay in New Bern and get the service you expect and the staff that will do everything they can to make you sure 100% satisfying then you will not go wrong staying here!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

“Exceptional Service + Quality Staff” = The Hampton Inn New Bern! I’m so grateful for your loyalty to our hotel and appreciate all of the wonderful things you’ve mentioned in your review. I’m glad you can see that my friendly staff will strive to exceed the expectations of each of our guests by providing exceptional service! Thank you for your response, James, as it is appreciated more than you know!
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I was in New Bern for a wedding. This motel was convenient to the venue. We only stayed one night and it is a clean, comfortable hotel. The breakfast was really good and the staff was extremely nice and helpful. My only "needs improvement" is the pillows. They were small, flat and only 2 per guest. I probably could have called and requested more or different, but it was late and I was too tired. I would still recommend this motel for an overnight or two.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Hello! Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn to celebrate this special occasion! I will extend your comments to my staff as I know they would truly appreciate the wonderful things you had to say about our breakfast and the cleanliness of the hotel. I welcome any and all ideas in helping us to be the best hotel around. With that being said, I noted your comments regarding the pillows and we will work on some ways to improve this aspect in the rooms. We provide pillows required by the Brand, however, we could start by adding additional pillows in the rooms for extra comfort to our guests. Thank you for your feedback on this!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

I frequently stay at Hampton Inns for work travel, and they are quickly becoming one of my favorite hotel chains. The staff at this location went above and beyond. They front desk people were very friendly (woohoo fresh cookies), the breakfast attendant was walking around to make sure everyone had what they wanted, and the chef on free dinner night was great. The room was extremely clean, but the carpet did have a slight mildew smell. Possibly time to replace that, but other than that no complaints and I will stay at this property again when I come here for work. Thanks to the excellent staff, they truly make guests feel welcome.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Hello Lizzie! I’m happy to see from your response that my staff went above and beyond your expectations—this is our ultimate goal with every guest! I’m glad you didn’t miss out on our delicious, fresh baked cookies that we serve Monday-Thursday as well as our Tuesday night Manager’s Reception to include a complementary meal from a local restaurant along with beer, wine, and sodas compliments of our hotel. In reference to the carpeting in the rooms, we are scheduled to have all of the room carpet replaced in 2014. However, in the meantime, we will make every effort to make sure that it is shampooed frequently so the first smell when entering your room will be that it’s fresh and new! We look forward to welcoming you the next time you’re in town!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Hotel was itself was great. Night manager was unwilling to compromise on pool use on saturday night at 10pm after 12 year old boys had played baseball all day and night and where leaving to go home the next morning

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Scott-I appreciate your comments regarding our Hampton Inn being a great hotel overall. However, I’m sorry to hear that we were unable to honor your request to keep the pool open a little later than the posted time. I can imagine how frustrating it must’ve been in trying to make sure the kids were happy after a long day of baseball. We do have both safety and security in mind with these decisions, but I apologize that it placed a damper on your visit with us. I hope that this doesn’t derail you from choosing us in the future as we would love to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your feedback!
Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

The friendliness and caring of the staff goes beyond the call of duty. I had surgery and was alone and the staff checked on me. One of the housekeepers even brought me a little stuffed animal. The breakfast was great as usual; the hotel was quiet. The room was perfect - I stayed in a king immediately after surgery and then stayed in a double double when I came back a week later for a recheck. Everyone remembered me and were so kind. I would recommend this place as the best representation of Hampton Inn as well as New Bern, NC.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
“..Excellent in all ways” This is exactly what we strive for! I’m so proud of my housekeeping staff in seeing your comments about how well they took care of you after surgery. I know any kind of surgery can make things uncomfortable, but I’m glad to hear that my staff made your recovery a little more pleasant. I will make sure to communicate all of your wonderful comments to them, as I know they would appreciate hearing all of the nice things you had to say about them. We look forward to seeing you again soon!