“Best Possible Value”

Hampton Inn New Bern
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel is a great value! Excellent breakfast, clean, quiet, and comfortable. The only slight item of note, is its location. If you are wanting the quaint New Bern experience, you will need to plan to drive into downtown New Bern as this hotel is not located in downtown New Bern.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary Beth S
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Happy Holidays Mary Beth! Thank you for taking the time to tell our future guests about your recent stay with us! We sit conveniently next to highway 70 and just two miles away from beautiful downtown New Bern. Close enough to enjoy the excitement of downtown without having to pay the high downtown prices! Thus the reason, as you had mentioned, we are truly the best possible value! I hope you have a Merry Christmas and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I arrived not being surprised about how clean and modern this Hampton Inn look. You wouldn't think that New Bern would be that happening but there are a lot of places to go around here. My room was very clean very modern. I enjoyed the experience and I especially like the free dinner and drinks that they have on Tuesdays.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Good evening! Thank you for letting our future guests know about your experience at our beautiful “new” Hampton Inn! We’ve recently completed our hotel renovation and have too loved the new modern look. I’m glad you were here during our Tuesday night Manager’s Reception, or what I like to call our “Guest Appreciation Reception!” Our guests love the chance to enjoy the delicious dinner offered by a local restaurant of New Bern and, of course, we are happy to provide a variety of drinks and dessert. This is all complementary to our valued guests! I’ve mentioned in previous posts how we treat our guests like family and this is just one of many ways we show it! Thank you again and happy holidays from your family at the Hampton Inn New Bern.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions within the city. All staff were professional at all times of the day and night.Breakfast is a good variety and lasted til 10 am each day. The exercise facility was well maintained and was large enough to accomidate all persons.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi James! I appreciate your recent feedback regarding your stay at our lovely Hampton Inn! We all serve as hospitality professionals and make sure each guest visit is the best! I’m glad you had a chance to enjoy some of the amenities we offer. For future reference, we also offer complementary passes to our local Gold’s Gym. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday :)

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel appears to be updated - both lobby and rooms. The staff is well trained with a strong emphasis on customer care. Walk thru the lobby at a random time and they immediately seek to tend to your needs. It is very apparent the management has the right focus on their guests. There is typically good value for the business traveler. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

I’m pleased that you noticed our beautiful renovation we’ve completed recently. We put a lot of time and effort into making our Hampton Inn look as stunning as it does. I’m also happy to see that you noted how we have a strong emphasis on customer care-we sure do! Guest satisfaction is our top priority and every member on my team knows to treat each person that walks through our doors like family. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and I’m glad you perceived this based off of our actions. Thank you so much for the wonderful response regarding your stay with us.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I travel extensively...... I always stay at the New Bern Hampton Inn. I'll tell you why, customer service.

The hotel and staff are consistently upbeat, friendly, courteous and professional. Ron at the front desk is fantastic, he is very friendly and knowledgeable . If I owned a business, I would want all my employees to be "Ron's". Stay at this Hampton, you'll be a customer for a long time, way to go Hampton Inn!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

I can’t even begin to tell you how proud I feel after reading your comments. It is this kind of feedback that serve as a reminder as to why my staff and I enjoy guest service. We take tremendous pride in our hotel in working to make sure every single guest experience is nothing less than the best! Ron is a great example of a true hospitality professional and I will make sure that he reads what you wrote. Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about the “perfection” that is our Hampton Inn!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This hotel was clean, clean and more clean! The linens are terrific at all Hampton Inns and the beds are just comfy and inviting. Rooms are fresh and clean smelling and the amenities are very good. The staff at this particular hotel was very, very professional and gave us great tips for dinner at Monterro's.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I appreciate your comments about the overall cleanliness stating “..clean, clean and more clean!” I know my Executive Housekeeper will be grateful for your remarks as well when I show her your feedback. She has worked here for over 15 years and is a perfectionist, to say the least, especially when it comes to paying close attention to detail on cleanliness. Monterro’s is an excellent choice for dinner as well. The next time you’re in town, I recommend Persimmon’s. They have a beautiful waterfront view and excellent scallops.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Good location off the highway, Great breakfast. The workout facility was clean and well ventilated, with working machines and tv. The Checkin and checkout processes were very quick and the counter attendant was helpful with dining in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for telling us about your stay, Scott! I appreciate your comments regarding our workout facility as I know, having been a business traveler myself, a lot of hotels lack the space and, as you mentioned, ventilation in their fitness centers. Even though we try to make our guest’s workout experience as comfortable as possible, we do also offer complementary passes to the local Gold’s Gym down the road. Please keep this in mind the next time you’re in town!