“Nice hotel”

Hampton Inn New Bern
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is nice and very clean. I love that about this hotel. Furniture in room look up to date and bed is comfortable. The room is nice. Provide breakfast in the morning. Would stay again. Pool is small but everything else was great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Greetings from the beautiful city of New Bern! Thank you for taking the time to tell our future guests about our hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed the clean and comfortable accommodations as well as our tasty breakfast. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed over the Memorial Day weekend, including attending a funeral for a relative who lived for 98 years. Needless to say it really was a celebration of his life. I could not recommend a hotel any higher! The staff was very professional, extremely friendly and considerate of my family. In particular, I must cite Sharon who worked the breakfast shift and was wonderful to me and my family. From a Birthday greeting for a family member to a member of the Saturday night shift making a special breakfast for my family after the funeral and repast, the Hampton Inn really rocked! I look forward for a return trip, and thanks so much for a wonderful stay and extending true southern hospitality.

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank William C

Hello William-I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time. I appreciate the warm accolades you mentioned about my wonderful team. Without them, our walls wouldn’t be filled with the light and warmth of hospitality! You all were incredibly sweet to us and we hope you return again soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I loved it. Just kidding I am not Diamond. People sometimes cite Hampton as being "basic": the breakfast is not full, there is no Jacuzzi, its way too basic for the price, etc. To them, I say you are way too picky. Hampton, especially this one, was great! We drove five hours(we = me, girlfriend, a five year old boy), we did not have a single complaint. We had plenty of pillows, the room was clean, the staff was awesome. We are already planning our return trip, possibly in August and we do plan on staying there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us, William, and appreciate your humor! My team and I are proud representatives of this amazing Hilton brand, Hampton Inn, and agree that we are so much more than what can be classified as “basic.” I believe that we are everything any traveler, whether coming in for business or leisure, are looking for and so much more! Thank you for providing us the opportunity to welcome you and your family to our beautiful hotel and we look forward to seeing you in August!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I travel quite frenquently for business and pleasure and normally stay within the Hylton family, however after staying at this property I am now starting to question myself. The stay began by the staff changing my room rate after I had booked in advance on-line. This in itself is unacceptable and quite frankly a bait and switch move which in most States is highly illegal. Then the room which was supposed to be NON-SMOKING obviously was not because the room smelled of smoke. Then there's an issue with bugs. Yes beware there are bugs in room.
What about the breakfast??????? Well you better hope they don't get slammed as they told me or you will be going next door to Golden Corral. The free breakfast bar was a sham.

After I complained they decided to give me 50% off my stay. Really?????? What about the 100 percent Hampton guarentee????? Guess they just do whatever they want too. I recieved an e-mail from the Hotel Manager however when I pointed out these issues I did not get a response. I have had issues before however each time they immediately took care of it instead of trying to employ used car saleman tactics.

Be careful of this Hotel unless you just like to GAMBLE!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sergeant
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Good evening Sergeant-I sincerely apologize for not replying back to your email, in response to my email to you last week. Unexpectedly, I had surgery last week and ended up being off of work until today. Please understand that it was never my intention to ignore your comments. Our guests are the most important part of our day because, like we treat our own families, we want to make sure that everyone is having a wonderful visit with us. It is unfortunate that you had so many problems while staying with us, and I promise that the information you provided me won’t go unnoticed. Please understand that it is never our intention for issues to happen, as my team and I take tremendous pride as hospitality professionals to create the perfect experience for all of our guests. Again, we would like to express our sincere apologies for failing to exceed your expectations. I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have stayed at the New Bern Hampton Inn several times over the years. The staff is very professional, courteous and friendly. The rooms are always top-notch in cleanliness and comfort! Great place to stay for the value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Walter-Thank you for telling our future guests about your experience at the Hampton Inn New Bern. I truly appreciate you choosing to stay with us, year after year, due to the professionalism and friendliness of my team. We take tremendous pride in treating each one of our guests like family by creating a welcoming and comfortable experience for them. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had to stay several times and was not disappointed. It was everything I expect from a Hampton Inn. Breakfast, while typical, was always presented with a cheerful smile. Housekeeping, while understaffed during the times I was there, kept the room clean. Restaurants are within a short driving distance and a Golden Corral Buffet is within walking distance. I even received a telephone call from the desk clerk advising me of some property I had left in the room after check-out. That has rarely happened in any of my stays.

Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hello Steve! Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your several visits to the New Bern area. Your loyalty is appreciated more than you know and I’m truly grateful for your feedback. I hope you experienced the feeling we try to provide to all of our guests, that you are an extension of our own family. We look forward to welcoming you back to your “home away from home” in the future!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

From check in to complimentary breakfast. The entire stay was a treat. Very clean and quite. After a 12 hour drive, overnight, and a full days activity, this location was an oasis to a tired traveler. The breakfast selection was amazing. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Good afternoon Al K! I’m happy to read your response about your recent stay with us! We truly ARE the oasis for the tired traveler, or any type of traveler for that matter! I’m glad you had a chance to unwind during your “pleasant stay” with us. If you’re looking for a place to relax in the future, I hope you think of visiting your friends at the Hampton Inn New Bern. We are your home away from home!