“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Conneaut, Ohio
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Room was very fresh and clean. Nice cooling from the air conditioner as it was a hot week. Relaxing and comfortable room. Beds were comfortable and slept very well. Would recommend Hamptons as these hotels are always great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Glad to see that you had a comfortable stay with us, Lynne. We hope that all of our guests enjoy a nice relaxing atmosphere, clean accommodations, and a lovely welcome by our friendly team. Our goal as hospitality professionals is to provide a memorable experience for our guests that they can’t get anywhere else! We hope to welcome you to the wonderful town of New Bern soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We went on a Family Vacation and had a wonderful stay here. The service was great. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Charles S. who worked with maintenance was very helpful even with things that were not his job. Rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. Felt like I was sleeping in my own bed at home. They provided a great breakfast every morning. I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to anyone who asked. Truly a professional place to stay with that great southern hospitality.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Greetings from New Bern, North Carolina! Tracy, I thank you so much for spending your family vacation with us. I’m happy to see that you were impressed with the helpful and friendly service provided, including mentioning a team member by name. He will appreciate that more than you know! Hope to see you and your family soon!
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was here for a quick business trip and I would totally recommend this hotel. When I arrived on a Tuesday there was a complimentary dinner that I was able to eat by the pool. That was unexpected and appreciated. The staff was helpful and very friendly. Rooms were clean and the pillows and bed were very comfortable. I booked in advance on-line and got a very good rate. I look forward to returning sometime should my business take me in that direction.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Hello Noreen! I’m glad you were able to visit us to enjoy our delicious Guest Appreciation dinner we have Tuesday night’s! The weather has been beautiful in New Bern to enjoy a lovely meal poolside. We hope you are able to visit again soon, whether it is for business or leisure! My team and I are ready to provide you with the best southern hospitality Northern Carolina has to offer!
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is nice and very clean. I love that about this hotel. Furniture in room look up to date and bed is comfortable. The room is nice. Provide breakfast in the morning. Would stay again. Pool is small but everything else was great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Greetings from the beautiful city of New Bern! Thank you for taking the time to tell our future guests about our hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed the clean and comfortable accommodations as well as our tasty breakfast. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next stay with us!
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed over the Memorial Day weekend, including attending a funeral for a relative who lived for 98 years. Needless to say it really was a celebration of his life. I could not recommend a hotel any higher! The staff was very professional, extremely friendly and considerate of my family. In particular, I must cite Sharon who worked the breakfast shift and was wonderful to me and my family. From a Birthday greeting for a family member to a member of the Saturday night shift making a special breakfast for my family after the funeral and repast, the Hampton Inn really rocked! I look forward for a return trip, and thanks so much for a wonderful stay and extending true southern hospitality.

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool view.
1 Thank William C
Hello William-I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time. I appreciate the warm accolades you mentioned about my wonderful team. Without them, our walls wouldn’t be filled with the light and warmth of hospitality! You all were incredibly sweet to us and we hope you return again soon!
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I loved it. Just kidding I am not Diamond. People sometimes cite Hampton as being "basic": the breakfast is not full, there is no Jacuzzi, its way too basic for the price, etc. To them, I say you are way too picky. Hampton, especially this one, was great! We drove five hours(we = me, girlfriend, a five year old boy), we did not have a single complaint. We had plenty of pillows, the room was clean, the staff was awesome. We are already planning our return trip, possibly in August and we do plan on staying there again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us, William, and appreciate your humor! My team and I are proud representatives of this amazing Hilton brand, Hampton Inn, and agree that we are so much more than what can be classified as “basic.” I believe that we are everything any traveler, whether coming in for business or leisure, are looking for and so much more! Thank you for providing us the opportunity to welcome you and your family to our beautiful hotel and we look forward to seeing you in August!
Peterstown WV
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I travel quite frenquently for business and pleasure and normally stay within the Hylton family, however after staying at this property I am now starting to question myself. The stay began by the staff changing my room rate after I had booked in advance on-line. This in itself is unacceptable and quite frankly a bait and switch move which in most States is highly illegal. Then the room which was supposed to be NON-SMOKING obviously was not because the room smelled of smoke. Then there's an issue with bugs. Yes beware there are bugs in room.
What about the breakfast??????? Well you better hope they don't get slammed as they told me or you will be going next door to Golden Corral. The free breakfast bar was a sham.

After I complained they decided to give me 50% off my stay. Really?????? What about the 100 percent Hampton guarentee????? Guess they just do whatever they want too. I recieved an e-mail from the Hotel Manager however when I pointed out these issues I did not get a response. I have had issues before however each time they immediately took care of it instead of trying to employ used car saleman tactics.

Be careful of this Hotel unless you just like to GAMBLE!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sergeant
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Good evening Sergeant-I sincerely apologize for not replying back to your email, in response to my email to you last week. Unexpectedly, I had surgery last week and ended up being off of work until today. Please understand that it was never my intention to ignore your comments. Our guests are the most important part of our day because, like we treat our own families, we want to make sure that everyone is having a wonderful visit with us. It is unfortunate that you had so many problems while staying with us, and I promise that the information you provided me won’t go unnoticed. Please understand that it is never our intention for issues to happen, as my team and I take tremendous pride as hospitality professionals to create the perfect experience for all of our guests. Again, we would like to express our sincere apologies for failing to exceed your expectations. I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day.