“Nice Hotel”

Hampton Inn New Bern
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hotel staff was wonderful! We arrived around two for a four o'clock wedding. There was no problem with early check in. Room was very clean. Unfortunately we weren't here long enough to enjoy the pool but it look nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Candice, thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us! I’m glad you chose us to celebrate the wonderful occasion as well! Hopefully the next time you are in beautiful New Bern, you will have a chance to relax by our sparkling outdoor pool and spend some time around town. This is truly a great destination for anyone wanting to see the sites of historic downtown New Bern and enjoy some lovely dining on the waterfront.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

the hotel was well located and very affordable. staff friendy and helpful. rooms were clean and the breafast, pool and complimentary internet service were great bonus's. overall its a very good value. the room smelled like nicotine but it was a small inconvience considering there are so few hotels who allow smokers. we would happily stay t this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greeting s Sirenna! I appreciate your wonderful post about your stay with us. It looks like you and your family were able to enjoy all of our great amenities, such as our sparkling pool, high speed internet, delicious breakfast and, let’s not forget clean, comfortable accommodations and a team ready to provide you with your every need. Most hotels have become all non-smoking, however, we try to make sure that ALL of our guests feel at home so we have kept a couple of our wonderful rooms as smoking. I’m glad you enjoyed this option with us and look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Great Hotel in an awesome Historical town. Very good location, Close to a lot of restaurants and downtown, the birthplace of Pepsi. Beautiful town to walk around and see all the boats and the historical buildings & churches. I want to go back for a mini vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joe S

Hello there, Joe! Thank you for the great feedback for our future guests. We sit right between historic downtown and the shopping mall, which provides easy access to both! We hope you are able to come back and visit for a nice vacation so you have time to explore all that New Bern has to offer! Not to mention, my team and I will be ready to make you feel right at home at the Hampton Inn.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel is staffed by great people but needs renovation. No thermostat just window unit control, moldy musty smell to room. Vent fan loud and annoying furniture old and threadbare. Pool nice and lobby ok, good internet connection

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul S
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Paul, I’m sorry to see that you classified your stay with us as being “old and smelly.” That is definitely not what we want our guests to take away during their visit. I apologize about the vent fan being loud and annoying, which doesn’t help in an attempt to get a restful night’s sleep. I will get with my team on this in preventing these types of issues from happening to another guest of ours in the future. I appreciate you letting us know so we are able to fix it moving forward. I hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to exceed your expectations and have comfort in knowing that these problems will not continue. We did complete a renovation in our public areas and have done a few upgrades in our guest rooms. We are continuing to add improvements throughout the year and into 2015. We hope you will notice a difference during your next visit to New Bern.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here two nights while in town with a relative who was being treated at the local hospital. The staff was exceptionally friendly and very accomodating of our schedule. The rooms were clean and comfortable; the breakfast and the manager's reception were excellent. This is a great place to stay in New Bern.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Fabfourfan

I’m pleased to see that you and your wife enjoyed our delicious breakfast and stayed over during our Tuesday night Manager’s Reception, which provides a dinner, dessert, and drinks all courtesy of our local restaurants. Let’s not forget the wonderful team I have to assist you with your every need. Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review on our Hampton Inn. Hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had a great stay at Hampton Inn in New Bern. The staff were so friendly and accommodating!

Pros:
-Clean Room
-Kind and helpful Staff
-Clean Pool
-Decent Breakfast

Cons:
-Beds were so-so and the pillows were awful! Bring your own
-You have to pay for wifi after the first day unless you are a rewards member.

When we arrived the first thing we did was inspect under the beds. There was some trash and we alerted the front desk. They were very apologetic and offered to switch our rooms. We were not too concerned, we just wanted to let them know. We stayed in the room, and then come to find out they didn't charge us for our first nights stay and we didn't even ask for a refund. This type of customer service will have us coming back! They also gave our children some goodies which was icing on the cake.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Greetings from New Bern! Marissa, thank you for taking the time to break down all of the pros and cons of your recent stay with us. I’m glad my team was accommodating in making sure your stay was the very best. However, I do apologize for the initial set back in your stay upon arrival in your room. I hope you still were able to get a restful night’s sleep in our Cloud 9 beds, because I know how important it is especially while traveling. We do offer complimentary internet access to all of our guests, every day, so I’m a little confused by this being classified as a con. However, every 24 hours after your initial log in you must re-enter your last name and room number to log back onto the complimentary internet. I hope with that information you move the internet from a con to a pro! Thank you again!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Front Desk staff, is wonderful, especially the late night people. Hotel is in a great location, and everything was always clean, and staff smiling and very welcoming. I would stay here again, anytime. I travel a lot ,and this was in inline with what I expect from the Hampton Brand.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello Timothy! I’m pleased to see that you were mostly impressed with the service provided by my wonderful team. I’m definitely proud of each and every one of them. Thank you for giving us a chance to welcome you and we hope you visit New Bern again soon.