“Fantastic Staff!”

Hampton Inn New Bern
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The staff and management at this hotel are wonderful! They quickly and kindly took care of any and all needs we had during our 3-night stay. Nice people truly make a huge difference in any experience. I recommend this hotel to individuals and families alike.

2  Thank Maghan S
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Hello there, Maghan! Thank you for communicating to our future guests how fantastic my team is! They truly are, and I am so proud to have each and every one of them on my team. I’m confident that our guests continue to come back to see them over anything else. We treat our guests like family and we certainly hope they feel that way when they stay with us.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Everything we experienced at this hotel was top-notch. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. The rooms were very pleasant, with comfy beds and clean, white linens. We were pleasantly surprised with the complimentary breakfast, which included eggs, sausage, and home fries, in addition to the usual continental fare. Would definitely recommend this hotel to any traveler!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank J S

Top-notch service, clean accommodations, and a delicious, complementary hot breakfast… What more could you ask for?! We appreciate your recommendation to all of our future guests. We strive to be the best hotel in this region, so I’m very happy to see that you were extremely pleased with your visit with us! We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We are repeat customers of this particular hotel. We have, over the past 10 years, enjoyed great service from the whole staff. We enjoy visiting family in New Bern, but the best part of our trips is relaxing in the New Bern Hampton. This is a hotel that others should emulate.

1  Thank Daniel W

Greetings from New Bern, Daniel! Wow! I’m certainly impressed with the comments you made about my team! Your loyalty to us is appreciated more than you know. I’m you glad you consider us the best Hampton Inn because we certainly feel that way!

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We were instantly greeted by a staff member the moment we stepped in. They were professional, informative and accommodating. The hospitality was excellent, which made it feel like "our home away from home." Just minutes way from shopping centers, restaurants, etc... We will definitely book again for future vacations!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hi Orlando! I love how we instantly became your “best vacation stay ever!” Feedback, such as yours, serves as a wonderful reminder of how proud I truly am of my wonderful team! My team and I look forward to your next vacation to the beautiful town of New Bern!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Excellent Staff Everyones goes out of their way to assist I came in during the hurricane and the staff made the stay like a normal business day. I have stayed here several times before and the service gets better and better

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Roy B

Greetings from New Bern, Roy! I’m pleased to see that we keep getting better each and every visit! We are always looking for ways to improve, but I like to think the service is continuously top notch! Thank you for classifying my team as being “excellent,” I certainly see them that way too!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was certainly impressed with the Staff at this location. The atmosphere was totally awesome. The desk staff were friendly and always greeted us whether we were leaving or coming into the hotel. The maid staff were awesome as well. In fact, we were so blessed to have the sort of friendliness and courteousness we experienced with all of the staff even down to the personnel who worked the pool and grounds. My family and I wish to give an extra special "plug" for Delarena who greeted us each morning. She prepared wonderful breakfast meals everyday that were delicious. Your front desk staff "Janet" in particular, was very personable and friendly. She made us feel welcomed each time we saw her. We would like to thank two ladies in particular who cleaned our rooms... Mary and Betty. Thank you for such a wonderful job. Our overall experience at this location was "awesome." These people should all be recognized in some sort of tangible way.

Room Tip: Choose larger rooms other than standard for families of four.
1  Thank Chris J

Chris-I’m thrilled to see that you were so amazed by my wonderful team! Delarena, Janet, Mary, and Betty will certainly be happy to see you remembered them by name in making a lasting impression during your visit. Our guests are a delightful extension of our Hampton family and I’m glad to see you were treated as such! Thank you for mentioning each member that had a huge impact on your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

After reading some not so great reviews, I was shocked at how nice and upscale it really was. I trust Tripadvisor for most of my travels and will quickly point out when a place is not being accurately represented. This was one of the nicest hotel chains I have ever stayed at and I truly thank the staff for going above and beyond with the large crowds of people seeking inland shelter from Hurricane Arthur.

Once in the lobby, you quickly noticed allot of offerings around the clock such as coffee, tea, milk, cookies, fruit, newpapers along with a clean and well situated TV lounge and pool from any room The breakfast was the best I've ever had at a hotel, it seemed as though we were in a restaurant.

The room was plush with good sound proofing, and a wonderful/comfortable bed which is at the top of my list. The personal accessorries provided were plentiful and of a high grade product. I appreciated this hotel for a quick getaway from hurricane Arthur and would have given it a 5 star, but $175 a night (after adding all the taxes) for a small town and not a resort or vacation location seemed quite high.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Greetings! I'm happy to see that we were a "nice surprise" when escaping hurricane Arthur! I love what you wrote about the Hampton Inn New Bern being one of the "nicest hotel chains" you have ever stayed at. That makes me feel so proud, not only as a representative of this beautiful hotel, but also due to the fact that I have an amazing team that works so hard to make this property as attractive as it is. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you have a chance to visit us for a lovely vacation getaway next time you head to New Bern!