“Good Value for Money.”

Hampton Inn New Bern
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
“Good Value for Money.”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Our overall experience at the Hampton Inn New Bern was very good. The service was excellent and the cleanliness was very good. The hotel is very close to many places to eat and shop. The overall appearance is nice but dated and the elevators need to be serviced because they jerk when they reach a floor and the door opens. Our overall experience was very good overall and we would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, 2 October 2014
Hello, William. Thank you for taking the time to provide our future travelers with your feedback regarding your stay with us. I’m glad you enjoyed our excellent service and clean accommodations. I’m sorry to hear that the elevators jerked when you were here and that problem has since been corrected. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you nevertheless. The next time you visit us in New Bern, I know you will feel more confident knowing that the elevators are working seamlessly!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
New Ringgold, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 August 2014

From the time I walked in I was greeted with a smile. Very clean property inside and out. The breakfast was very good, fresh and lots to choose from. I experienced a problem while staying and they went above and beyond to help. The bottles of water in our room were welcomed with open arms. How many times do you get to the hotel and forget to get something to drink. I loved my stay, more important beds were comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hello, Ana! I love the title of your TripAdvisor post reading “Home away from home.” My team and I have a huddle each week and go over the importance of being portrayed to our wonderful guests as being truly their home away from home. I’m so excited to see that you felt that way during your visit with us. We actually implemented the bottled waters in the rooms not too long ago because we truly feel that this is an important amenity our guests should have, free of charge. As always, our guests are greeted with big smiles by each team member during their stay at the Hampton Inn New Bern. We hope to welcome you “home” again soon!
ElPaso
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful room. High ceilings, clean room, big bathroom...just wonderful. If I had to pick one thing wrong the bed could have been softer but it was still comfy. I definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mandeys77
Greetings from the “Fabulous” Hampton Inn in New Bern! We appreciate your wonderful recommendation to our future travelers regarding how much you enjoyed our accommodations. My team and I hope to welcome you again soon!
Hardwick, NJ
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Traveling with my husband and teenage son,stopped here on our road trip to Charlston, South Carolina. We were greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk. The room was clean, but small. We had two very tiny double beds. The bathroom was clean, but very small. Breakfast was free and decent. The coffee was good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, 26 September 2014
Greetings from beautiful New Bern! Thank you for traveling all the way from South Carolina to our wonderful town with your family to stay with us. I’m sorry to see that we are classified as being “dated” as we have completed a lobby renovation less than a year ago. People are actually quite surprised to find that we are in fact over 20 years old! We take a lot of pride in our hotel by providing the best for our guests, clean and comfortable accommodations, delicious hot breakfast, and friendly hospitality professionals around every corner ready to satisfy your every need. We appreciate your feedback and do hope you choose the beautiful Hampton Inn the next time you’re in New Bern!
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Very accommodating employees; Staff was helpful with check-in. We arrived really late and my children were hungry-When we checked in, the employee on duty fixed my boys waffles and gave them milk to satisfy until breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello, Alex! I’m glad my team was able to make you and your family some waffles after a day of travel! No one likes to sleep on an empty stomach, especially some hungry boys. I’m happy that we are able to accommodate you from the very start. A “great job” indeed by one of my team members and I’ll make sure they are praised for their exceedingly helpful act of true hospitality.
wilson, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We found the hotel to be quite, clean and quiet and well located for getting around in New Bern. The room was clean and well tended. The breakfast area was was clean and well tended. Parking area was adequate and reasonably well lit. Being near the highway there was some road noise but not enough to disturb your sleep. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, 25 September 2014
Hello, Thomas! Thank you for providing us with a 5 star rating regarding your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate the wonderful comments you mentioned about our hotel, to include our clean rooms and delicious breakfast. We sit conveniently between downtown New Bern and the shopping mall, and yes, the road noise is very minimal to allow our guests to get a restful night’s sleep during their visit. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We spend a wonderful week at this hotel, the staff starting with Caroline on the front desk who greeted us by name after the first day and was very attentive to every need. A Guest Service Manager extraordinary. Delarene prepared the most delicious breakfast each morning, the seven days of our stay we enjoyed omelets, cooked meats, waffles all served with a great smile. I would be remiss if I didn't say a good word about JYN of the house keeping staff, the room was so clean it would make the most meticulous house wife proud. Paulette you manage a great hotel, which we highly recommend. You will see the Whitney's again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ray W
Greeting from lovely New Bern, NC! I’m touched by your kind words. You have no idea how wonderful it is to read a comment such as yours. You took the time to learn some members of my team by name, and they will appreciate that so incredibly much. I’m thrilled that your stay with us is now classified as your “best hotel stay ever.” That means the world to us. Thank you so very much and from my family here at the Hampton Inn to yours, we look forward to welcoming the Whitney’s soon.