“Good service, decent food”

MJ's Raw Bar & Grille
Ranked #5 of 175 Restaurants in New Bern
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The service was timely and friendly. The crab bake was pretty decent...not quite "Maryland quality" considering how much they refer to Maryland on the menu.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you go to MJs, get the crab cakes! I've had some other items from the menu, but the crab cakes keep me returning any time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The food and atmosphere are great, with daily specials worth looking at.... I was there for lunch and the wait staff were also very helpful. The steak burger is worth the trip alone.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Would not service my group of 4 because I was allergic to crab. Never heard that excuse. Been served in many restaurants that serviced crab meat. Evidently their kitchen is not very well cleaned because they use the excuse that everything they served was contimated by crab.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

MJ's was well reviewed on Yelp and we agree. Brittany was our server and was attentive, but not overbearing. We ate 4 dozen raw oysters, shrimp and drank Brittany's recommendations on beer, which were all great. My mother-in-law ordered fried shrimp and they were probably the best we've ever tasted.

We enjoyed our first visit, so we brought back our entire group (12) the next day. Brittany had us setup and ready to go. We have a diverse group, so we were not easy to wait on. Brittany did great!

I would recommend MJ's highly!