“Perfect place for my taste!”
Review of Sail Inn

Sail Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 New Bern B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I loved this place. Friendly staff, and clean rooms with 21st C. comfort. I love how close it is to the shops and restaurants. The price is great. There is a nearby river that is beautiful and some public parks nearby. nice and quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Will D
There are newer reviews for Sail Inn

Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed at Sail Inn on a trip assisting my son to move to NC from VA. We were looking for a quiet place to spend the night after a day of traveling and moving. The Sail Inn was perfect! Lovely room in walking distance to shops and restaurants. We parked our car and took a walk around town and to the parks at the rivers. Walked to a local suggested restaurant and had a really nice meal and good evening. I would highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was the largest with en-suite bath. Lovely!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The Sail Inn is a lovely restored home with 3 guest rooms and a great front porch for sitting and swinging! Michael and Karen are as friendly as you'll find and super accommodating. I look forward to my next visit with them.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Yes, I want to go back. Mike and Karen know how to make travelers feel at home. An artist friend and I stayed at this charming inn last weekend and were treated like royalty! We were met with smiles and friendly southern hospitality, what a perfect get-away! The historic inn is cozy, warm, clean, beautiful and inviting. I spent the night in The Caroline Room and the bed was a dream after a long day of painting, and I usually have back problems.. Breakfast was scrumptious...........and they also supplied drinks, coffee, water, fruits and snacks to nibble throughout our stay.
KB

Room Tip: Call the innkeepers and speak with them before you check in. Karen and Mike will make it worth your...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2012

My artsy buddy and I traveled to New Bern, NC for an art adventure and stumbled upon a real gem of a Bed and Breakfast, The Sail Inn. Innkeepers, Mike and Karen added a most personal touch to our stay beginning with our phone inquiry all the way through post check-out since we made our reservations directly through their inn. They have a wealth of information about this riverside town and were more than eager to share their insider tips such as New Bern being the sailing capital of North Carolina.
Our rooms were spacious and light-filled with the coziest of beds providing the best sleep I've had in awhile. All the amenities and then some were provided in an atmosphere that felt more like home than being on the road.
The front porch comes complete with a swing which is perfect for reading or greeting the locals passing by.
Snacks were available upon arrival with energy providing, healthy choices. Morning was a real treat with fresh fruit, breakfast sandwiches and muffins plus a nifty coffee machine.
My galbuddy and I were continually pinching each other to be sure that this was all for real. What a fabulous find!

Room Tip: My friend and I had the Carolina and Magnolia rooms with a shared bath. If you are traveling with th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2012

. . . this delightful B&B after just two nights and three refreshing days in New Bern. We were welcomed warmly by Karen and Michael who provided comfortable and spacious accommodation along with a satisfying breakfast of fresh fruits, a selection of gourmet coffees, and some of the best country ham biscuits I've ever eaten! Just a hop and a skip from Tryon Palace and trolley tour, the location is ideal within easy walking and biking distance of visitor sites, restaurants, shopping, and the waterfront. We can hardly wait to return!

Room Tip: The Beacon Room is ideal.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We have stayed here three times now, and wouldn't stay anywhere else when in New Bern. Within a block of the front gate of Tryon Palace and a brisk walk to downtown, this B&B is well appointed with comfortable furnishings and pleasant common areas. Karen and Micheal are gracious hosts, even helping with quirky requests for 'black eyed peas' for New Year's breakfast. We'll be back.

Room Tip: The front room has a private bath and early morning light. Very nice.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family