“Multiple Stays @ SHS NB”

SpringHill Suites New Bern
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Greenville, North Carolina
“Multiple Stays @ SHS NB”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have stayed @ SH Suites NB multiple times over the past (3) years. I have also utilized their meeting facilities and worked with a number of the staff members at the property. They have always been very helpful and had everything set-up “ready to go” when I arrived at the hotel. I would recommend to anyone that wants to accommodate a small group meeting.

The property itself is a standard Spring Hill Suites. I have always found the rooms to be clean. I have never stayed in one of the whirlpool rooms. The hotel also offers standard SHS breakfast every morning.

The workout room is small but adequate; it has 2 or 3 treadmills and a stationary bike. It also has a small amount of weights.

The pool is an indoor pool (good for year round use), standard of other SHS.

One of the pluses to the property is its close proximity to dining and shopping. There is a Golden Corral right next-door; great for families. There is also a Wal-Mart Shopping Center; Shopping Mall (with restaurants) and many chain restaurants within a mile’s drive. With that being said, the hotel is not in the historical area of New Bern but is only about 5 minute drive.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Howell
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Our daughter got married in New Bern and I made arrangements for the guests to stay at this hotel. We had a total of 14 rooms for 2 nights each. I spoke to most of the people that stayed there and they had nothing but good things to say. I wish I had the names of all the employees that I worked with but Chazitee and Raquel were two of the people at the front desk. The customer service they provided was above and beyond anyone's expectations. The rooms were great. The food was wonderful at the breakfast and the amenities was terrific too. Dale was the best to help me arrange the room block. We will be staying at this hotel every time we visit New Bern in the future. Clean and fresh and reasonably priced.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Louisville
Reviewed 19 November 2013

A fine property that has been well cared for in a convenient location - topped off by the most welcoming staff in the industry. I am always welcomed by name and the housekeepers even sing in the halls!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank louflyguy
Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I didn't have the experience of staying in a room, but the rest of my family and others who came to my sister;s wedding did. Every time I came in to the lobby there was a warm and friendly atmosphere. The staff was wonderful assisting us with our luncheon and providing my sisters Bridal package as a surprise.

Room Tip: The rooms are very spacious
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rachel B
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed at the Springhill Suites by Marriott on Nov 10, 2013 until the 12th in New Bern NC for a job interview. I was very impress with the place and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful and clean I would recommend this hotel and some of the perks were a free USA or Wall Street paper and a delicious breakfast. There are some good restaurants within the area and they offer outside activities, which are very interesting. My only complaint was that they only serve one breakfast meat each day and I'm not sausage person and would love to had bacon again, but overall I would give this hotel 3 1/2 stars!! Kim Binns

• Stayed November 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed here one night on our way south large rooms, friendly staff, very clean hotel we also had the added bonus of free continental breakfast. We woke up feeling refreshed and relaxed for the eight hours left on our road trip!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Brick NJ
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

My father and I stayed at the springhill suites while visiting family. The rooms were clean and spacious. The kitchenette was nice to have even though we didn't need it. The staff was friendly and helpful. The price was very fair and we took advantage of the AAA member discount. Good location to nearby stores, restaurants and a quick drive to get downtown. Will probably stay here again when I visit.

Stayed October 2013