The Ziegler Hotel Rooms, Suites, Cottages
US$114
Hampton Inn New Bern(New Bern)(Great Value!)
US$112
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Express New Bern(New Bern)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$145
US$129
US$133
Doubletree.com
Candlewood Suites New Bern(New Bern)(Great Value!)
US$95
Bridgepointe Hotel and Marina(New Bern)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$101
Travelocity
Courtyard New Bern(New Bern)
US$174
US$131
Courtyard
US$81
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Despite the other good reviews, I was disappointed.
The room smelled of some sort of cleaning product.
The TV didn't work, but I don't really care.
I could hear the guy in the next room clearing his throat, even though he wasn't making a loud noise.
When you factor in the "no breakfast", this room isn't any cheaper than a reputable hotel chain and, IMHO, that's where I will stay next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The Ziegler is the best place to stay in New Bern, in my opinion. My boyfriend and myself, loved every detail of Marilyn's Suite, and we loved every moment that we spent there!!!
We could cook, watch our movies...
We celebrated our third dating aniversary and the Valentine's Day, we enjoyed every special moment together... I can say it was like be at my own place. We had a perfect and unforgetable time there!!!
The localization is great, near by everything, and is a very safe place to stay, too.
The staff is very kind and supportive!!! I'd like to say thanks for everything!!!
When I come back to New Bern, I'll stay at The Ziegler again, certainly.
This place is simply amazing!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dany0308
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I stayed at the Zig with my yellow lab "Riley" this past October. This was our second time staying at the Zig and I just felt like I was home. I originally came to the Zig 2 years ago with the intent to look for a home purchase sometime in the future. I went back again this year and was not dissappointed at all. Ruthie and the staff were excellent and I was made to feel soo comfortable. The Zig is close to downtown New Bern and is easy access to areas that I wanted to scout out again. The town of New Bern is great and the Zig definitely contributes the the charm and great feel of the area. The suite I had was very clean, and well appointed for my stay with Riley. I would definitely recommend the Zig to anyone and can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: This trip I stayed in one of the suites (the Elvis Suite) and it was excellent. A full kitchen with washer and dryer and lots of space. It worked out better for me than a regular room since I was traveling with a full size yellow lab.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Ed P
Reviewed 22 November 2011

The Zig is unique and the best kept secret of New Bern! Rooms are clean, fellow travelers staying there are always friendly. We have stayed multiple times while house hunting and have never been disappointed. Close to town, and Ruthie & staff go out of their way to provide whatever you need. They offer 2 BR cottages, kitchenettes with laundry and all other rooms have fridges & microwaves. Take a trip into the past and stay here, you'll make it your "go to" place for staying in New Bern! Thanks for everything Ruthie, Roger & staff...now that we are residents, we will send our overflow guests to you without hesitation!

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Ask for a cottage or kitchenette style room for longer stays. Pet Friendly.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Barbara H
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Although abbreviated, my stay at the Ziegler was very nice. The staff was friendly, informative, and accommodating. The room was very clean and well equipped. If I ever find myself in New Bern again, I will surely be staying at the Ziegler again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple