“A Pleasant Stay in New Bern”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Bern
The Ziegler Hotel Rooms, Suites, Cottages
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My wife & I chose the Zig for a trip to New Bern to visit family. I was very pleased with how clean and comfortable our room was. There are other hotels in New Bern that you can spend a lot more for but I doubt if you will find them to be any better. This hotel is in a nice residential area, convenient to all New Bern attractions, and the staff is exceptionally friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fabfourfan

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This older property is a few miles from New Bern's historic area and although the motel is on a fairly busy thoroughfare, the rooms are set well back and noise is not a problem. We stayed in two rooms and both were quite large, fairly soundproof, very clean and nicely updated with good furniture. The grounds are nicely landscaped and the neighbourhood was good for dog walking. There doesn't seem to be anyplace nearby for breakfast but downtown is just a short drive. The host, Rodger, was most accommodating and very pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank chasinchelsea
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We read lots of great reviews for the Ziegler, so decided to give it a shot. We stayed in the "60's" room and spent a lot of time reading the books and checking out the various record albums and newspaper articles from the 60's. Since that was our generation, we really enjoyed the place. The manager was very helpful. My wife likes to walk and the area was ok, but not great in that regard. The location is close to town and the mall area, so there is plenty to do withing a short drive. It is not fancy, but the "old time" motel feel worked for us.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank GreatLoopLoopers
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I live in New Bern, NC but I have friends that come & visit from out of town & they always stay at the Ziegler. They bring their 2 dogs plus my friends hubby brings his fishing boat so he can go fishing while he's here. They stayed in the "Elvis room" which had a full kitchen, table, washer/dryer, queen size bed, futon, & a nice shower in bathroom. He was able to park his boat right beside their room. Even tho the parking lot is not huge, he had plenty of room to back the boat up & keep his truck there too! The parking lot & outside of the rooms have good lighting...which I always think about being female. I don't know if the prices vary for different times of the year but they always say the prices are excellent...PLUS they only charge a "pet deposit", unlike some places that charge a fee or non-refundable deposit. My dog always travels w me too, so that's something I always look for but don't always find!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank AlexisGarrish
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This was by far the nicest place. Very pet friendly. Room decor was great. We stayed in the 60's room. Staff was friendly and helpful. I wish we had spent more time there and will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lisa p
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Recently a major part went out in our A/C unit at home. We have a dog that is diabetic and has Cushings syndrome as well so he can not take much heat. The Zig was the perfect place for us. First of all it is very quite, clean and managed properly. I was certainly surprised as I've lived in this neighborhood for several years and had seen the decline in this property however we spent 4 nights there nice refridegrator, microwave, coffee pot, lines were clean, bathroom remodeled and nice. I felt safe and it was nice to be in the Air Conditioning during the heat.
I'd recommend "The Zig" anytime you had to be misplaced from your home. It's well worth it and your not being charged like most large hotels. The manager has the most darling dog "Buddy Love" Major says to tell you hello!!
Lou and Jim Pope

Room Tip: if you don't have animals stay in the Elvis Suite or the Marilyn Sutie as you have washer and dr...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Lou P
Reviewed 12 March 2012

On a trip to search for homes in the New Bern area, I used the advice of this app and tried "The Zig". The gentleman responsible for checking us in, instead of needing to call him as instructed on our late night arrival, was already up and in the office waiting on us. He was courteous and friendly, and showed us to our "50s" room. The main house and room buildings look historic. Our room was awesome! Very clean ceramic tile flooring, awesome, comfy king sized bed, big flat screen tv.....all in all a very neatly decorated room complete with a stack of classic movie dvds. The bed slept like a dream. The only drawback, we stayed 2 nights and only got clean towels on arrival. Then again I apreciated a maid not busting in on me while I was napping. So all in all, we will continue to stay at the Ziegler Hotel and Suites for our house purchasing adventures.

• Stayed: March 2012