“We loved it!!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Bern
The Ziegler Hotel Rooms, Suites, Cottages
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Grassy Creek, North Carolina
“We loved it!!!!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This place was great... the decorated rooms were cool, the bed was extremely comfortable, The towels were thick and very clean, no stains or funny smells. The rate for the week was unbeatable, trust me we had already been checking around when we found this great place!!! The owner was great, he helped us with everything we needed...This is the place to stay if you are in New Bern, ,NC

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My husband and I came to New Bern for the very first time so that I could see my sweet cousin after 40 years of not seeing her. My cousin is the one who told me to call the Zig and speak to Ruthie, so I did.. Talk about a Very sweet woman and very accommodating. She was fabulous. She set us up for a one nights stay. After arriving very late at night, all we had to do is make a phone call and we had service.. Immediate service at 9:00 at night. Our room was Awesome!, It was CLEAN, It was Cute, and it had everything in which we were in need of.. We enjoyed our stay at the hotel so well that the next morning I went and asked if we could stay an extra night. Not only did Ruthie make that possible for us but the cost in itself was great. Not an Expensive hotel by any means, more reasonable with better service then the major hotel chains.
Upon leaving, I had forgotten my personal pillow. All I did was send an e-mail letting Ruthie know and she got my pillow so that my cousin could send it to me.. My husband and I WILL return to the Zig again.. Not a problem.. Actually can't wait to go back.. It was Fabulous.. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone that is visiting the New Bern area.. You won't be sorry you stayed there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Theresa V
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My wife and I were looking at real estate in New Bern and the realtor owns this property and discounts it for clients. I was expecting a dank, moldy little room at the price I was quoted but our room was not only extremely clean but absolutely the coolest little motel I've ever stayed in. Each room is themed and is decorated with memorabilia from the respective era. Too neat to spoil the experience by describing in detail, but you won't be disappointed. Knotty pine walls complete the ambiance. It's only a few blocks from New Bern's tourist/restaurant area and is extremely fairly priced, discounted or not. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank louhodg
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Recently, we spent four nights at the Ziegler Hotel Suites in New Bern, NC. We'd heard about the Zig through friends and were particularly glad to see how unique this small hotel was. Having been built in the 1940's, it's still laid out just like what it was . . . an old motor court. Small buildings with just a couple of room each, a courtyard and parking lot, and an office in an old, refurbished house on the premises.

The landscaping was fresh and new, with a tropical, North Carolina feel, The exterior decor was also bright with welcoming red doors, chairs and benches and paved parking lot.

The rooms? Oh my! Each room has its own theme....we stayed in Room 5 with a Frank Sinatra-Rat Pack feel. Lots of black and white photos, movies posters and wood paneling. But, the amenities include everything one wants for an enjoyable stay. Fridge with a freezer, microwave, coffee maker...an HD TV...WiFi...comfortable bed...a couple of chairs and a desk. Everything was clean and fresh.

The Zig is pet-friendly, a real bonus these days. The cost is affordable although the unique, fun quality of the Zig cannot be compared to the standardized, cookie cutter aspects of the other hotels in town. (Nothing wrong with those hotels, it's just that the Ziegler was quite fun.)

Rodger and Ruthie make sure that your stay is fun and comfortable. If you need anything, just ask them...

I highly recommend the Ziegler as a fun addition to any New Bern stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Classicink
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 19 July 2013

While looking for pet-friendly hotels in the New Bern, NC area, I was directed to the Ziegler Hotel Suites and what a find! The motel (which is what it really is as it is a row of rooms, street-level, behind the house), is cozy and small and located right on the main street of town, but just beyond the busy, downtown part. I believe there are only 6 rooms and two 2-bedroom cottages and the small, 1950's feel is tranquil, friendly and well maintained. Our dog was welcome, and the room had good air conditioning (it was deadly hot while there) so we were able to leave the pup while we were out and he was comfortable. Did I mention the room was only $75 a night????? Fridge with freezer, good bedding and pillows, microwave, coffee maker, good shower and nice grounds made for a pleasant 3-night stay. Note: The room was paneled in knotty pine and the bathroom was huge with green tiles--very retro. If you don't like this, you might not want to stop here. We found it charming and pleasant and it was sparkling clean! We are looking at houses in the area and will definitely make the Ziegler our choice for all upcoming visits.

Room Tip: We had room 6, which had a double bed. I don't know what the other rooms look like but if you n...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MPJ515
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My wife & I chose the Zig for a trip to New Bern to visit family. I was very pleased with how clean and comfortable our room was. There are other hotels in New Bern that you can spend a lot more for but I doubt if you will find them to be any better. This hotel is in a nice residential area, convenient to all New Bern attractions, and the staff is exceptionally friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Fabfourfan
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This older property is a few miles from New Bern's historic area and although the motel is on a fairly busy thoroughfare, the rooms are set well back and noise is not a problem. We stayed in two rooms and both were quite large, fairly soundproof, very clean and nicely updated with good furniture. The grounds are nicely landscaped and the neighbourhood was good for dog walking. There doesn't seem to be anyplace nearby for breakfast but downtown is just a short drive. The host, Rodger, was most accommodating and very pleasant.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends