“rude owner”

Kitchen on Trent
Ranked #55 of 170 Restaurants in New Bern
“rude owner”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I went into The Kitchen on Trent this morning, as I was about to place my order my three year old became suddenly ill and vomit on the floor. The young lady at the register was gonna asist me but the owner told her NO he would take of it however when he he was not concern about my child, he was concern about me cleaning up his floor, his exact words was "you need to clean it up now". This man tried to force me to clean the floor. I asked for a mop and a disinfected spray he gave me a old rag and said you need to get it up now before anyone come in and walked away. The young lady at the counter apologized and said I will take care of it just take care of your baby. The owner then return and said I knew she wasn't gonna clean it up. I told him he was very rude and I would not spent my money in his business again. He put his hand up at me and said a few rude words.
Please understand I don't have a problem cleaing up after my children or even just don't talk down to me and push my children to the side and then expect me to spend my money in your business The food is not always good anyway, it taste different from day to day. I would not recommend this place. Try Bagels Plus the chicken salad is great and the owner's give to the community.

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank Renee C

Sacramento, California
“Secret Gem”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Right off the beaten path near I-17 in New Bern is this little place in a fairly busy small shopping center. Excellent chicken noodle soup. Healthy salads & tasty side choices for lunch & dinner. The baked good looked yummy. Tried to go back for dinner but, they close at 6pm. Worth a try for a healthy option in a fried chicken strong hold.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Donatella-Bingbong
New Bern, North Carolina
“Less than desirable food with high prices”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Keep going a bit further down Trent road to the Carolina Bagel shop for breakfast and bypass this expensive for minimal tasting food establishment. By the way - you WILL be charged for a refill of coffee although the price per initial cup is outrageous. As always I give them three shots to get it right to ensure a fair review but these folks strike out!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank NewBernReviewer
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
“Do I have to turn in my man card”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This is the quintessential "woman's place." I don't say that as an insult, I gave it five stars, but if you ladies want to oogle at the construction crowd during lunch, don't bother. Been twice with the wife, both times for lunch and food was good, but I can't get over how it reeks of "lets do lunch" Yeah, I am wierd

Visited December 2011
New Bern, North Carolina
“Light Cuisine, Very Good”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I like their choice of Salads they are awesome, fresh and good!

Visited February 2012