“Average but friendly!”

Ranked #35 of 173 Restaurants in New Bern
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Sea Glass Cafe and Bakery has changed!!! We are now The Sea Glass Cafe! Scratch made at its finest!
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

There isn't really anything above average about this place. Breakfast was good but nothing to brag about. I would definitely try this place again.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Friendly, good brunch menu, serve yourself different flavors of coffee, good food. Good "after church" spot on Sunday. Not open for dinner and I think that is a good thing - allows them to concentrate on what they do best.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

My sisters and Iwere looking for a place and found this gem. When entering the doors we were greeted immediately it was a very busy place but service was outstanding.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Sea glass is a bit smaller in it's new location, but fast service keeps the tables turning over. We came for brunch and found the crab eggs benedict delicious as usual. Other members of our party sampled the special of the day quiches and were not disappointed. The ability to fill (and refill) your coffee mug at will is a plus for java lovers. Nice to see Green Mountain coffee this far south (I was told that the owner is a Vermont transplant.) Everything was fresh and well-prepared. The after-church crowd come in fast on Sundays, so plan accordingly. Outdoor seating is really just a few small tables on the shopping center sidewalk.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I only stopped to get a cup of coffee. I was greeted immediately by very friendly staff. I ended up getting coffee and a homemade cinnamon bun to go. I chose one of the four flavored coffees offered, wild mountain blueberry, which was unexpectedly wonderful. I was given a take-home menu with my order. I definitely plan to return on my next visit to New Bern.

1  Thank Monique H