“Such a delightful ambience!”

Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 171 Restaurants in New Bern
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front St
Lubbock, Texas
“Such a delightful ambience!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Make sure to start out with the fried green tomatoe with goat cheese and heirloom tomatoes. Both my entree and my granddaughter's entree was delicious and served with flair. The whole experience was delightful. The restaurant is on the water and at night the lights and the tables outside on the pier is the best. Make a reservation and be assured of getting to eat at this delightful restaurant.

HOME
“lunch on the water”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great service, Food was local and very fresh. My husband had the fish and chips, I had the Cobb salad. Nice view on the water, too bad it is the only restaurant on the water in this area

Visited July 2014
New Bern, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food is warm, but the staff can be cold.”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have eaten here twice in the past 3 months. The first time we arrived 30 minutes after opening. I ordered the vegetable lasagna. It took over an hour for a party of 6 to be served our meal. We asked the waitstaff why our order was taking so long when others around us had been served and arrived much later than we did? The server did not have an answer and just said they would check. Finally, the food arrived and it was delicious but I would have gone elsewhere had I know it was going to take so long. The second time I went I had made a reservation and asked to be seated on the deck. When we arrived they seated us inside.I let the hostess know that I had reserved asked for a table outside. Half of the deck was empty. They seemed disgruntled that we asked to be moved and told me they had to get new menus. I do have to say that the waitress that helped us outside was fantastic and so was the view.

• Visited June 2014
New Bern
“Top of our list”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We always take our house guests to Persimmons. The food, service and view is always perfect. Tonight we suggested to our house guest that we go "in to town" for dinner. She jumped right in and said," Good idea! Let's go back to Persimmons! My treat!"
Now that is a great house guest...
Only down side... weather was not nice enough to sit on the deck.
Tip,,, want the view and the service but don't want an expensive night out....turn the menu over... a great "Lighter" menu...

NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food...but”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The location is beautiful. The food is innovative and excellent. However, the price of $10 for "House" Chardonnay is really excessive! That's NYC prices in New Bern!