“Beautiful new hotel!”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Outer Banks, NC
“Beautiful new hotel!”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this Best Western. The hotel looks brand new. It is decorated beautifully and was very comfortable.

Everything was very clean. Bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. One neat feature of the room was a "clean remote" (special hotel remote control that is sealed so that it can be cleaned by housekeeping) for the TV. I am somewhat germophobic but had no problem using the remote control. They left mints in the room and two complimentary bottled waters--a very nice touch.

The hotel is well insulated from outside noise. It was very quiet and I got an excellent night's sleep.

Good sized bathroom that was well equipped. Room included a microwave and a refrigerator and a bedside clock radio that supported ipod connectivity.

I was traveling on business and other colleagues were staying at a more expensive hotel that was not as nice as this one. I will certainly stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Hebrew first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Above average Best Western with a nice modern feel. Within minutes drive of historic downtown and plenty of good restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This hotel is realitively new to New Bern. The rooms are spacious, clean and new. The bed was a wonderful sleep. The A/C is controlled on the wall (which is a pet peeve for me) when it is controlled on the unit and doesn't shut off it can be annoying. The front desk personnel are great at their job and being helpful and friendly to the guest. Even tho this hotel is not on the river as many people think -- the hotel it self is worth staying at. It is reasonably priced and good for me it accepts CLC !!

Room Tip: I really don't think there is any problem with any room
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 June 2012

A Best Western would normally be way down my list of hotels that I would for an overnight stay. When I travel, i like to stay at unique and memorable properties and I'm willing to spend more money for these kinds of hotels. This hotel was a VERY pleasant surprise! I had a very early morning flight out of Coastal Carolina Regional Airport (EWN) in New Bern, NC and decided to spend the night close by. The hotel is right across the highway from the airport so it met that need. The hotel was clean, the receptionist was friendly and helpful - even at almost 11 p.m. - and the public spaces were pleasant and well-decorated. When I opened the door to the room, I was amazed! The room was larger than I expected, the bathroom was spacious and comfortable and the bed was perfect. The room was tastefully decorated, obviously clean and fresh and just restful. I don't know that I'll have an occasion to stay there again soon but I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs accommodations in New Bern. By the way, this was the first hotel I've stayed in that had a cover on the TV remote designed to be cleaned. Nice touch!!

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Upon reaching this hotel I had some doubts. But to be very honest I was somewhat surprised and it was a good surprise. This hotel is like new. The front desk service gets an A+ from me. My room was rather large as well as my bathroom. They had a nice indoor pool with a jacuzzi. I rates cleanliness poor due to a situation with my room which management already knows of. The hotel is located walking distance to many places to eat at. I will for sure stay again of I am ever in the area.

• Stayed June 2012
North Carolina
Reviewed 22 June 2012

As a few other reviews mentioned, this hotel is not "riverside" - New Bern is riverside, but this hotel is not. It sits back off a stretch of route 70 in an unassuming spot. There is no view, period- unless you like to look at townies cruising mcdonalds at 2am.
However- there are some pluses to this hotel. First, it is immaculately clean. The room was spotless and hypoallergenic. That is more than I can say for the Croatan National Forest, which was on fire during my visit, and dropping bits of white ash on my car and filling the lungs of Eastern NC with smoke. That's what they apparently call a controlled burn.
Anyway, the hotel was clean and quiet and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The bottle of water in your room is complimentary, rather than predatory. There is a continental breakfast but I have a thing for Waffle House, which is right there along with a Ruby Tuesday and the afore mentioned mcdonalds. The beds were comfy- they informed me that they charge more for king beds than for a double room, so if you book through a travel site and don't specify, you'll end up with queen beds instead of a king and they won't really help you over the phone. The prices are extremely good, particularly for the boutique style newish hotel (just a couple years old). I ended up with this gem using priceline and was surprised at the lack of a river, but happy with the price.
I would stay in this hotel again if I needed a clean, friendly dependable place to sleep. I think it would be nice in the winter because of its indoor pool. So that's it.

1 Thank andogg
Concord, NC
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stayed here on business after conference hotels in town were booked. Very surprised generally how nice the place looked for a Best Western, I guess that why is called a Plus. Rooms were nice, modern, and confortable. Breakfast was ok, and rate was very good for what you get. Free Wifi was nice too. Hotel has only one elevator which was actually difficult to find when first checking in.

Room Tip: Stayed on the back side "odd number room" away from road.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business