“Great Value!”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Johnson City, TN
“Great Value!”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We were looking for a hotel that was close to the beach and closer to New Bern and we found a great spot. The hotel is new, but just seems out of place it sits between two residential houses which is very unusual. However, the service and staff are very helpful and do a good job. We will stay here again for our yearly visit to see family. Great deal for the buck!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
celestial s, General Manager at Comfort Suites New Bern, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again next time you visit New Bern.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Hebrew first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 November 2012

What a delight for the value. The property is new, beautifully decorated and well appointed. The rooms are comfortable with all the modern conveniences. The rooms (King) are large, with a nice sofa/seating area. Nice bed with tons of pillows. The staff was kind and helpful. The BW breakfast is plenty to satisfy: waffles, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, coffee, etc. It is conveniently located off the highway with standard restaurants nearby.

We often visit New Bern to spend time with family. We used to go to other properties, but will make this our "go to hotel" in the future. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: We always ask for rooms away from the elevator because of noise.
Cleveland
Reviewed 28 November 2012

The room was beautiful and very clean. I would stay there again and it is in a great location. Close to restaurants. The only concern was the one bed had a dip in the middle but not to bad. Also I could hear the people in the next room talking.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words and suggestions. We are always thrilled to hear from guests that have enjoyed their stay. I apologize that our bed was not comfortable to you and for the noise that disturbed you. If you ever return, please mention to the front desk that you prefer a quieter secion of the building, so that we may better serve you during your stay. Thank you again for you comments and suggestions.
Kihei, Hawaii
Reviewed 26 November 2012

On a weekend trip to New Bern, NC we stayed at this lovely hotel. Being long time customers of Best Western we knew we would have good accomodations but this was over the edge great! The staff members were all so sweet and helpful. Our room was beautiful and very clean. The bathroom was very large, great bed, nicely appointed room - absolutely nothing to say in the negative here!!! Super indoor pool and spa - very relaxing after a 5 hour drive.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Conyers, GA
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Stayed here over the Thanksgiving weekend. This hotel is very nice and up to date decore. Check in was easy and smooth, the front desk receptionist was very nice and pleasent. The room was very nice and roomy. Two very nice queen size beds with top of the line sheets. Flat screen tv, with a radio w/ ipod doc. Well lit with several lamps in the room and a nice seating area. Also a nice entertainment stand with the shelf for the microwave and a hidden refridge behind the cabinet. Closet door is also a full length mirror. Iron and ironing board in closet.
The bathroom was very room and nice. The shower had multiple settings (great after a long drive). We utilized the pool and jacuzzi, it was very nice and clean, and plenty of towels. The laundry is $1.75 to wash and $1.50 to dry, but area was clean. The business center has nice flat panel desktops, and the free internet worked very well with our tablets. Breakfast was simple, but you are able to make your own waffles, and kids love waffles. All and all the stay was great, and the hotel was pretty full and everyone I spoke to enjoyed it. The decor once again is beautiful. Last but not least...there are NO BUGS! Once again NO BUGS!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter~ but keep in mind the ice machine is on the first floor.
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Nothing to pick fault with here. great customer service...nice modern, clean large room. amazing bathroom and fridge and microwave. Got a great discount for the room too. We were on floor 2 and it was quiet and we were happy with that. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
celestial s, General Manager at Comfort Suites New Bern, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We strive to give our customers the most enjoyable stay possible and it is always a pleasure to hear when our guests are satisfied with their visit. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I travel over 100,000 miles a year, and I would not have stopped in New Bern, had my vehicle not broken down. First of all, I checked hotel prices on my smart phone, and everything surrounding New Bern charges around 40 bucks a night. Not New Bern. The Hampton wanted $139.00, and the cheapest was actually the Best Western, still in the one hundreds though. I was stranded in New Bern due to my vehicle needing maintenance.

The Hotel looks super nice. First I could not believe why they ask less than the Hampton. Then I got to the room. Bugs everywhere! I was to tired to switch room, despite that, what guarantees another room is bug free? I spent the night, and woke up in the morning chasing and killing cockroaches while taking my morning shower.

Got home the next day, opened my suitcase, and roaches where crawling out of it. I have no prove, but I suspect they came from the Best Western in New Bern. Had to toss my suitcase, knowing they lay eggs everywhere; another $85 loss.

Next time I pay the extra money for the Hampton, or even better take a Taxi Cab to the next town. One thing is for sure: Never Best Western again!

Room Tip: 3rd floor if you love Roaches.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Jeff S
I am sorry that you did not have a good visit to our hotel. I can assure you that we are very committed to giving our guests the best room and stay possible for the most affordable price. We are a brand new property do have an exterminator in addition to our own in house treatments of these problems. As you can tell from most of our other reviews, we do not have this problem often. Im sorry I wasnt able to rectify it when you were here and do apologize for such an inconvienence. I do hope that if you ever return to New Bern, you will give us the opportunity to change your opionion of our hotel.