“What a wonderful friendly place away from home”

Comfort Suites New Bern
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
New Jersey
“What a wonderful friendly place away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

My husband and I drove down to North Carolina for a 4 day weekend to visit my niece and to just relax. I suffer from uncontrolable migranes that are triggered by chemical smells as well as perfumes. Well my stay here, tho short, was the best experience I had! The hotel is clean but does not smell of harsh chemicals or perfumes. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Chrisina at the front desk...Thank you so much for all your help and for getting us a room at 2am when I needed it most! My only suggest is please include more aternative food choices to your menu. Gluten free and lactose free is more and more important to those of us wih food sensitivies.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
celestial s, General Manager at Comfort Suites New Bern, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such wonderful comments and suggestions. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. I will research gluton-free free foods as you suggested, I agree that the variety is needed. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope you have a chance to visit us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
javage
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

My sister and I traveled to New Bern and stayed at the Best Western for two nights over the weekend. We got a great deal and upon arrival both thought what a bargain! The hotel lobby is very neat, clean, and modern as was the room we stayed in.

However, the first night my sister came out of the shower and had to kill a cockroach on the bathroom door. It was just one slow-moving, probably dying, roach but it wasn't too pleasant. The next morning we told the young woman at the front desk who apologized, made a notation in her book, and said she would tell someone. The next morning I woke up and saw one crawling up the wall next to my bed. I killed it but it did gross me out a little. Those were the only two little creatures we saw but still it was two too many.

We spoke to the manager who was extremely apologetic (and horrified) by our experience. She explained to us that they are a few spots in the hotel with a small problem. She compensated us for our displeasure.. Two other family members had rooms in the hotel on different floors and they had no issues at all.

I really wanted to like the hotel and I did but for the bug problem, and although only two were spotted, it sort of spoiled the overall good feeling about the place. I know they are working to rid their establishment of these pests and hopefully they will succeed. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

I didn't use the pool, hot tub, or exercise room but they all looked very clean and well kept. And they need to get some better tasting coffee!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for you wonderful comments and suggestions. It was a pleasure meeting you, I am STILL horrified and can assure you that we are taking several actions against these pests. I apologize that this caused a problem during your visit. However, Im pleased that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and do hope you have the chance to return. Thank you again for being so understanding and thank you for staying with us.
Johnson City, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

We were looking for a hotel that was close to the beach and closer to New Bern and we found a great spot. The hotel is new, but just seems out of place it sits between two residential houses which is very unusual. However, the service and staff are very helpful and do a good job. We will stay here again for our yearly visit to see family. Great deal for the buck!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again next time you visit New Bern.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

What a delight for the value. The property is new, beautifully decorated and well appointed. The rooms are comfortable with all the modern conveniences. The rooms (King) are large, with a nice sofa/seating area. Nice bed with tons of pillows. The staff was kind and helpful. The BW breakfast is plenty to satisfy: waffles, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, coffee, etc. It is conveniently located off the highway with standard restaurants nearby.

We often visit New Bern to spend time with family. We used to go to other properties, but will make this our "go to hotel" in the future. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: We always ask for rooms away from the elevator because of noise.
Cleveland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

The room was beautiful and very clean. I would stay there again and it is in a great location. Close to restaurants. The only concern was the one bed had a dip in the middle but not to bad. Also I could hear the people in the next room talking.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words and suggestions. We are always thrilled to hear from guests that have enjoyed their stay. I apologize that our bed was not comfortable to you and for the noise that disturbed you. If you ever return, please mention to the front desk that you prefer a quieter secion of the building, so that we may better serve you during your stay. Thank you again for you comments and suggestions.
Kihei, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

On a weekend trip to New Bern, NC we stayed at this lovely hotel. Being long time customers of Best Western we knew we would have good accomodations but this was over the edge great! The staff members were all so sweet and helpful. Our room was beautiful and very clean. The bathroom was very large, great bed, nicely appointed room - absolutely nothing to say in the negative here!!! Super indoor pool and spa - very relaxing after a 5 hour drive.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Conyers, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

Stayed here over the Thanksgiving weekend. This hotel is very nice and up to date decore. Check in was easy and smooth, the front desk receptionist was very nice and pleasent. The room was very nice and roomy. Two very nice queen size beds with top of the line sheets. Flat screen tv, with a radio w/ ipod doc. Well lit with several lamps in the room and a nice seating area. Also a nice entertainment stand with the shelf for the microwave and a hidden refridge behind the cabinet. Closet door is also a full length mirror. Iron and ironing board in closet.
The bathroom was very room and nice. The shower had multiple settings (great after a long drive). We utilized the pool and jacuzzi, it was very nice and clean, and plenty of towels. The laundry is $1.75 to wash and $1.50 to dry, but area was clean. The business center has nice flat panel desktops, and the free internet worked very well with our tablets. Breakfast was simple, but you are able to make your own waffles, and kids love waffles. All and all the stay was great, and the hotel was pretty full and everyone I spoke to enjoyed it. The decor once again is beautiful. Last but not least...there are NO BUGS! Once again NO BUGS!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter~ but keep in mind the ice machine is on the first floor.