“Nice Hotel”

Comfort Suites New Bern
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Hotel is pretty nice. I've stayed here a couple times and for the most part was satisfied. The breakfast area is nice but I think they shut down a bit too early at 9am. I showed up at 9:03 and she had already locked up the fridge and was putting stuff away. Wasn't really concerned that I just wanted something out of the fridge. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Bob A
Rhonda E, General Manager at Comfort Suites New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for making us aware of your recent stay with us.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I frequently visit family in New Bern, and for several years we stayed at the Comfort Suites when it was located across the river. Last summer we found that the hotel had closed, and we stayed at the Best Western, which is now the new location of the Comfort Suites. On the plus side the hotel is appealing to look at, the rooms are nicely decorated, the bed was very comfortable, the common areas appeared clean, and the complimentary breakfast is very nice. On the negative side, I had to move a piece of furniture and found a blanket of dust on a plug in a wall socket; a light fixture was out and not replaced after a request to do so; a tile was missing from the wall by the tub; there were black marks on the wall of the room near the door; and the air conditioner was noisy and seemed to work sporadically.

Room Tip: Top floor to avoid noise from above.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda Q

Thank you for making us aware of your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I will discuss your comments with the Housekeeping Department so this does not happen in the future. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night in March while in town for work.The location is set back off of the highway and has many restaurants, etc. in close proximity. When we arrived to check in, our greeting by front desk staff was rather icy. We asked for hours of continential breakfast, just to confirm, but we arrived the next morning, it was over! When we inquired, we were told that the hours we were given were the weekend hours when it is extended! So off we went to McDonalds and spent the extra $ to eat. That being said, we found the room to be very nice and decorated tastefully. It was comfortable and relaxing for the time we spent there. We would possibly stay again ,as we chalk up the somewhat frustrating part to a misunderstanding. As far as the facility itself and decor, cleanliness and comfort, we were pleased.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank CarolinaGirl220
Rhonda E, General Manager at Comfort Suites New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your recent stay at our hotel.
We apologize for the incorrect information regarding our breakfast hours.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to this property. The hotel is only a few years old and started its life as a Best Western. It was one of the most beautiful Best Western hotels I had stayed in. Now that it is a Comfort Suites...WOW!! The property is beautiful inside and out. Very spacious rooms with beautiful furnishings. As always, with Comfort Suites, the beds are dreamy. I had a great nights sleep. Fridge, microwave, and work station were in the room. Also a very comfy chair with ottoman. Also a very nice flat screen tv. The hotel features a very nice indoor pool and hot tub. Also an excellent fitness room. The hotel also has a business center and meeting rooms. The lobby features a large lounging area. The breakfast and breakfast area were second to none. I enjoyed fresh scrambled eggs with bacon and toast. There were many other choises including Belgian waffles. You will not be disappointed with a stay at this fine hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sritter1
Rhonda E, General Manager at Comfort Suites New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your response will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

1 night stay for business. I usually use comfort suites but this is the first time I used this one. Literally minutes from the airport, across the street (easy to cross) from Ruby Tuesday, great friendly staff, clean comfortable room and a good hot breakfast with free wifi. No Need to stay anywhere else!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank j m
Comfort Suites N, General Manager at Comfort Suites New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I was only in town for one night. I was trying to find a cheaper place but after finding those cheaper places, their review were not so great and ended up choosing Comfort Suites.

Place is really clean. I got a standard 2 bed room. Room was quite cozy and had no issues what so ever. They had breakfast in the morning. It was your typical eggs, bacon and make your own waffles for hot food and various cold items as well. Overall, not too bad, as I said, I was only in town for one night.

I will have to come back to New Bern and this will be my top choice next time I come into town.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Perry D
Rhonda E, General Manager at Comfort Suites New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The late night (midnight) FREE Airport Shuttle service was invaluable to us. Made my reservation with the very gracious, Asis, the day before our arrival. He also doubled as our very patient driver from the airport around midnight. Rooms were spacious, nicely appointed (even had a desk and a reading chair with ottoman) and very clean. Excellent location, close to airport yet very quiet! Great breakfast at back of lobby from 7A - 10A. Thanks for a great stay while we were traveling for the sad occasion of a family funeral. Would be happy to return for vacation or business. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family