“nice people and food”
Review of El Tequila - CLOSED

El Tequila
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: ZIP CODE 28562 Telephone No. 252-633-2958 Food is always great!
Description: ZIP CODE 28562 Telephone No. 252-633-2958 Food is always great!
Reviewed 20 April 2014

they work hard l like good people thank you tequila very good food ni ce locación nice atmósfera l eat California burrito very big burrito good

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

not what is happening with this restaurant a few months ago was good I was gonna eat several times a week because I attented but now is not the same waiters serving us are not friendly as before my food is the same as before the prices are very high and the lousy service to the truth and not changed much back to back is definitely bad service.

the last time I was with my friends last week the service was orrible apparently the girl I Attended mis placed us was he forgot things and no time manager came to our table to ask if we were OK .
Friend bother with the service and I do not become more and neither is the worst service I have received in new bern.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We were regulars at this restaurant because the food had been good; considering we are in eastern North Carolina. In other words, it is not the best Mexican food. However, in this case, most important to us, being so far away from home, was the wait staff who were friendly/pleasant (September 1, 2013 - end of February 2014).

However, lately they have been rude and disconnected!!! The food we have ordered is not the same as in the past. It seems like there is a new crew of newbies managing this restaurante. I would not waste my time or money at this location. New Bern has so much more to offer!!!!

After 6 months of loyal patronage, we are now seeking for a better place to spend our U.S. currency.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We ate at El Tequila in the spring of 2012. We were moving to New Bern and I always want to find the best Tex Mex, my favorite cuisine. We did not find it here at that time. The food was boring and not classic Tex Mex -- bland. The service was indifferent. I'm hoping that it's improved since then, but we've not been back -- too many other good places to check out.

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I was very surprised at this place being here. Im from Texas and any border state has amazing Mexican food so thats why I rated it this. I felt homesick and I love, love the music and atmosphere here. I agree with others the salsa was just ok not homemade that's for sure but the chips were good. I will come back here bc I felt like I was back in Tx but the food, was just ok I had the Enchiladas verdes and a taco it just doesn't compare to home. Margaritas were awesome btw.