“Nice find!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Bayboro
“Nice find!!!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We just happen to be walking waiting for our tires to be put on when we stumbled across this restaurant. The wait was a little long, but understandable since everything is cooked fresh to order. My only complaint was that it was a little smoky. Now, that we know about this restaurant we will surely be back!

• Visited May 2014

“Wood Smoke Experience”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife and I wanted to try something different for dinner on a Saturdday night, so we drove over to Savage's to see what was on the menu. When we arriived around 5:45pm we shared the place with a couple of other tables but there was a steady stream of "take-outs" and over the next 20-30 minutes it was pretty packed. A lot of families with young kids but there were also some older folk like ourselves. We ordered the "Mediterranean" pizza to share, along with the house salad and iced tea. The smokey flavor with the spicy beef, kalamata olives, onions, feta cheeze and olive oil on a thin crust was outstanding. Really good for a different kind of pizza! We got the 16" for the extra $2 and had enough to take some home! Everything was fresh and tasty and the other pizzas we saw being served around us looked inviting and just as tasty. They seemed to be really busy but we felt that the service was good, the food was great and we enjoyed our dining experience.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ronnie H
Newport, North Carolina
“Degrading”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The first time I walked in was a Friday and they were busy, the waitresses did not acknowledge me or my wife. We sat down at a small table and the waitress took forever and by the time she took my order she stayed behind the counter and talked to other people and even accepted a personal phone call. Using your cell phone while on the job just is NOT good customer service, whatsoever. The food was pretty good, I'll give them that. But the facial expressions on the employees faces show me that they are not interested in serving the customers and don't really want to serve you. All they want is your $$$. They get really aggravated when you ask for anything extra (lemons, marinara sauce, ranch, etc.). The prices were decent, but definitely too much with such poor customer service. I think the lady who runs the cashier or the older man in the kitchen was the owner. I'm not sure, but when I paid for my food, she had an awful attitude and you could tell that she was not interested in running this business for the customers. She couldn't even put her phone down for 30 seconds. I will not be coming back to this establishment ever again.

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank sadie a
“New Bern Night Out”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Our favorite pizza restaurant is Savages. We have been going there for almost 2 yrs. and have never had a complaint. Real NY pizza with a thin crust. Woodfired oven makes the pizza very special and tasty. Some of the best pizza on the east coast and good and friendly waitstaff.

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hands Down Best Pizza (Plus Gluten-Free!!)”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Its amazing what a woodfired oven can do pizza...Truly an amazing taste with the fresh ingredients Savages uses. Its thin crust is done right and its something you'll be returning for very quickly! We LOVE that they offer a gluten free alternative as well... Great staff and friendly service. Me and mine had an overall GREAT experience here. The feel of a local pizzeria with the taste and flair of fresh Quality...Cant be beat!

• Visited November 2013