“One time thing”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I had the stuffed flounder with crab, the flounder was not stuffed the crab was on top over cooked and really on spice I saw was plain I was excited till I took a bite. The clam chowder I believe was not home made doctored from a can if I had to bet. My husband ordered oysters he said his was good so I gave it a 3 on most not a place I'd probably see again.

1  Thank susan l

Reviewed 5 July 2014

They have their own seafood market, so you know the food is fresh. Great little place and the seafood is very reasonably priced and well prepared, you won't walk away hungry. Then you can go into the market and buy fresh fish to take home. They will even give you a cooler with ice if you don't have one!

1  Thank Loucarpy
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Excellent food. Recommended by local to be sure to try during our stay. She was right! The cafe is attached to a fish market, and is very informal. The waitress apologized for the plastic utensils and told us that the food would make up for it. She need not have apologized and she certainly was right about the food. The service was great, the people were very nice, and the prices were very reasonable for the portions. I had a whole flounder and two sides for $11.99. If you are in New Bern, find this cafe. You will not be disappointed. If you need table cloths and silverware of the best variety, go somewhere else. Agree with post "who cares what it is served in for how good the food is."

1  Thank cedric54313
Reviewed 30 June 2014

It was right across the street from Tryon Palace. The food was over the top delicious and very reasonable in cost. We were the only tourist in the place. Everyone was a local or family and they welcomed us to their conversations and recommendations about what was the best seafood on the menu! Very informal. No adult beverages of any type, but the seafood and the atmosphere was perfect for the end of a long day of sightseeing and shopping.

1  Thank thenorthwind
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The only reason they get one star is because I wasn't allowed to choose none.

My fiancé is literally puking his brains out from our dinner.

He had the sea bass since they informed us after we originally ordered trout that they were out. When our food came there were three 2 inch long pieces of sea bass with lemon pepper and butter all over it. It was supposed to be blackened. They informed us that there were would be more to come so don't worry if it looks puny. The "crab fries" were cold that accompanied the sea bass to add insult to injury. About 10 minutes later another 2 inch piece of lemon peppered sea bass arrived...

We gave this place a shot not realizing the hatred and bigotry of it's owner. Not only will we never go back, but we will tell every single person we know about how horrible this place is.

2  Thank Britney W