“Hotel nice-very noisy”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Zebulon, North Carolina
“Hotel nice-very noisy”
Reviewed 17 July 2010

The hotel was new so of course it was very nice. The room was nice with a kitchen and all. However we were on the 1st floor by the laundry room and it was very noisy so needless to say no sleep. Also I had pre-paid for my room on line so when I checked in they wanted my card so they could keep a hold of $150.00 on it in case we messed up the room. They were nice and gave me the option of paying $60.00 in case instead of the $150.00. However when I checked my bank statement the next morning they not only took my $60.00 in cash they also put a hold on my debit card for the $150.00. Then they told me there was nothing they could do about it since it was the weekend and the manager who did it wasn't here. I was not very happy about it and for this I will not stay here again. Just be mindful of what you give them at the front desk.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank keyvinray82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 10 April 2010

The Candlewood Suites New Bern has been open for about six weeks prior to our stay. The rooms were nice and clean. It still had the new hotel "smell". The room was very comfortable.
This is an extended stay so, there is no breakfast included. The rooms have a kitchen so you are able to fix your own breakfast. The hotel is conviently located near various shopping centers.
The staff was friedly and helpful.
We enjoyed our stay and will return.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family