“Fun and informative” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lookout Lady Scenic River Tours of New Bern-Day Boat Tours - CLOSED

Lookout Lady Scenic River Tours of New Bern-Day Boat Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Step aboard and cruise calm inland waters on a comfortable, stable catamaran. US Coast Guard licensed and inspected for 49 passengers. Enjoy natures beauty on a 2-hour fully narrated relaxing cruise, while seeing New Bern's picturesque and historical waterfront in its splendor. Cruise pas Millionaire's row (including Nicholas Spark's house) & Riverbend. See osprey nests and possibly sightings of deer, otters or even alligators."
New Bern, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun and informative”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We took this tour last fall with visitors for Canada. It was a beautiful day for a boat trip up the Neuse and up the Trent all the way to Nicholas Sparks house. The crab pots are fun especially for kids. This is a low key and low stress and very pleasant trip.

Visited September 2012

Honeoye Falls, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I almost never write reviews but I needed to for this! If you are just in New Bern for a couple of days this is something you must do. The boat ride was great and the tour guides were very knowledgeable about the areas we toured. Boarding the boat was very easy and organized. I advise going to the bathroom before you board the boat because there are no bathrooms on the boat. On the day we went it was upper 90s and they offered cold soda or water to us if we wanted. Not only did we see historic and famous houses, we also saw wild life. The boat went through both the Trent River and the Neusse River. Overall, it was a great experience!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Melissa A
Benson, North Carolina, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Scenic Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We really enjoyed the relaxing cruise on the pontoon boat. The guides were very knowledgeable about the area and pointed out lots of interesting details such as the historic homes, estates of Nicholas Sparks, past governor Beverly Perdue, house from The Notebook movie & novel as well as others. We were shown how crabbing is done on the river. The cruise takes about 2 hours and is well worth the cost.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Garland95
Manassas, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A different way to tour New Bern”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

I thought it would be fun to try a different way to tour New Bern so we booked a tour for sunset on the only day we were in town. We had taken a tour with a completely different company in Wilmington and was so disappointed so i was uncertain what to expect with the cruise in New Bern.

Of course you can't control the weather and they had to cancel the sunset cruise but luckily i was able to rebook it for the next day before we left.

You definately get your moneys worth! Its a nice two hour tour where you learn a little about the history of New Bern, boating, crabbing, wildlife, and see some beautiful houses (one of which is Nicholas Sparks house!) The captain and his co-captain (dont know the technical term) were very nice and informative! It was a little breezy at the front of the boat so he gave me a poncho to drape over my legs. It helped a lot! He also offered to take everyones pictures at the end of the tour! All in all it was great fun and worth the money! Just note you may get sprayed some depending on where you sit on the boat (we were in the front) and it might be a little breezy. The captain doesnt go super fast and tries to be aware of how much water is spraying on you, sometimes its unavoidable though

Visited June 2013
2 Thank a_dreamrers_night
Palmetto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Over charged BEWARE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

My family and I rode the cruise April 28, 2013. The cruise captain/co captain were very friendly and knowledgeable. Unfortunately Scenic River Cruises overcharged my account. When I called to point out the mistake I was told the flyer I had was last year's prices and there was nothing they could do for me. I feel they should have refunded the difference for good customer service as it was not my fault the travel agent where the flyer came from was old (2012).The flyer does not state anything about price changes without notice. I will not recommend this cruise to anyone. How disappointing this company chose to not to do the right thing.

Visited April 2013
4 Thank Timothy126
George A, Owner at Lookout Lady Scenic River Tours of New Bern-Day Boat Tours, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
While we are happy this patron had a great time on the river, we are discouraged by the terrible rating. It is the policy of Tour New Bern to speak directly to customers when booking reservations. During this process, we explain in detail our amount per person and exactly how much will be charged on their card. This customer had no problem during her transaction and spoke directly with our friendly office staff.

As you all can see the tour is a guaranteed good time,which is even stated in this rated 'terrible' review. The 2013 price per tour is posted not only on our website, but also on printed brochures distributed in New Bern, the surrounding area and throughout the State.

Travellers who viewed Lookout Lady Scenic River Tours of New Bern-Day Boat Tours also viewed