“Never disappoints! ”

Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Never disappoints! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Once again great service and great food. The burritos are huge and tasty. You could easily feed 2 people with one burrito. Also there is a new California burrito. A must try!

“Always great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I eat here about once a week. I started coming when it was located downtown. The food, staff and service are always wonderful. I saw the few bad reviews on here but those people must think Taco Bell is true mexican and should really just continuing eating there. This place is authentic and anytime I bring someone new here they always want to come back for more.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jennifer B
“Lack of tact”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I decided to try El Taco Loco with my friends after they kept raving about it and suggesting that I go one time with them. After ordering a veggie burrito and a bottle of water, which came out to be over $10, I noticed that there was cheese in it and wanted one with no cheese (which was totally my fault that I didn't specify this before the order was placed). When I went back up to the front to see if I could get one without cheese, an older gentleman approached and I explained to him that I didn't want cheese. He asked me if I had specified this on the order and then proceeded to yell for his son to see if he was the one that messed up the order or not. After I told him that it was my fault he then, in an impertinent manner, told me, "Well, you didn't tell them that you didn't want cheese on it. I mean, it says it comes with cheese right up there on the menu. So if you didn't say anything to them, then --" (as he shrugs his shoulders and walks away.) I wouldn't have had an issue if they would have told me that I would need to purchase another one, as long as they did so with a little tact.

Either way, I ended up attempting to eat around the cheese which left about a quarter of the burrito left. Also, while eating around the cheese, I discovered some meat in my VEGGIE BURRITO.

Because of their poor customer service skills, slightly high price, very basic menu, and apparent lack in attention to detail; I will not be visiting this establishment again.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Chelsea B
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I have heard people talk about this place and decided to try it. Wrong move. The food was bland for my taste and had to add the salt and pepper to make a taste. And holy crap, bring your own drink in or get wallet raped for their prices. Won't eat there again. I would rather have Taco Bell.

• Visited March 2014
6 Thank KCCO1970
“Okay, but why #1?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We visited El Taco Loco while on a weekend date and chose it b/c of its high ranking here on TripAdvisor. And the food was good, but the restaurant itself is so absolutely boring and has negative atmosphere. Was the food better than the Mexican restaurant across the road? Maybe, but not presented as well, and honestly, I want my TexMex with guacamole and chips, etc. Will we go back? Probably not. I don't understand why it's rated #1 in NewBern.

• Visited January 2014