“Best Greek food you'll find ”

Famous Subs & Pizza
Ranked #23 of 175 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I love this place. If you ever visit New Bern this is the place to go. Gyros are exceptional. I love the Mediterranean pizza as well.Owner is from Greece, which makes this place ambiance and food as authentic as it can be. My favorite restaurant in New Bern.

1  Thank mico0616

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We eat at Famous often because we adore their Greek gyros. We've eaten this almost exclusively, and it's my husband's 2nd favorite food in New Bern. I also had a pizza once there, and it was also excellent. The gyro has good lamb inside, a solid pita, great tzaziki sauce inside, and fresh veg. There's plenty of seating inside and quick service every time. Highly recommend this place.

2  Thank MK C C
Reviewed 16 January 2014

They have quite a variety. We love the pizzas and pasta dishes but everything on the menu looks great! It is a great family restaurant as well. It is a little loud but that is part of it's character. They do have a separate room that can be reserved. They accomodated our large group on short notice and while they were super busy, we got superb and friendly service.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

As a Greek joint, we go for the subs and and my wife goes for the pizza. As most good places in New Bern, go a little early, because they are going to get packed. I have never gotten anything from here that wan't good.

1  Thank KCCO1970
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Best pizza in New Bern. A little on the high price side but you get what you pay for. My wife is a vegetarian so we always get the veggie supreme pizza. Can't be beat anywhere. We've had pizza the world over including many cities in Italy. This pizza is world class. It would be nice if they had a thin crust version but this crust is excellent. This restaurant also has some good subs, salads and pasta dishes. Very popular with locals.

1  Thank PuddleJumper70