“This was a great choice for dinner!”
Review of Captain Ratty's

Captain Ratty's
Ranked #8 of 170 Restaurants in New Bern
Price range: US$4 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Myers, Florida
“This was a great choice for dinner!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We got to the restaurant early so had our choice of tables. Terry Ann was our server and was really nice. We had a great meal. My husband had the shrimp and grits, which he loved very much. He wasn't expecting the grilled ham along with the grilled shrimp and said that the BBQ sauce was also great. I had a salad with lots of fruit, walnuts and a great balsamic vinaigrette. I agree with everyone...the corn rolls with apple were excellent! After dinner, we decided to have dessert upstairs. We weren't sure if we wanted to have it in the Grapes of Rat Wine area or on the roof. The hostess was very patient showing us each area. I loved the Wine room (for over 21 only), but it was such a beautiful night that we had to have dessert on the roof. Again, we had a very nice server....and a GREAT chocolate cake with a layer of mousse and chocolate fudge icing!

I think that the storefront was not as nice as the inside so I wasn't sure....after researching through Tripadvisor though, I felt confident we'd like it. I was right.

Chilliwack, Canada
“Delicious food”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere, great staff, great food. Ate there a few times for lunch and dinner and was never disappointed. We never had a chance to try the rooftop patio.

New Bern, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grandson Outing”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We took our son to Capt. Ratty's. Our scallops were delicious and our grandson enjoyed his crab cakes. We normally don't have dessert, but the homemade key lime pie was delicious and our grandson loved his double chocolate cake. The coffee was delicious.

Dallas, Texas
“We like this place.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have eaten here before. Good atmosphere, good service, good food, not pricey. My kind of place. I broke down and finally tried Shrimp and Grits. Never liked grits so never tried it. OMG it was excellent. Not like grits at all, very creamy. Not only shrimp but sausage and bar-b-q'd bacon. My hubby's chicken was very good too.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Rooftop romance”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Super wine selection and REALLY fresh well prepared seafood offerings from appetizers to main course and desert!!!

Visited July 2014