“Very good food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food and service is great! It is located downtown on Middle Street. It is easy to find and parking is easy.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Best Shrimp and Grits I ever had! My wife got the filet and crab cakes on special and said the crab cakes compared with Charleston, SC... This place was a find. We will be back.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The crab cake according to my fellow travelers was delicious, almost all crab meat. I am allergic to crab and MJ's restaurant refused to serve me, but evidently The Chelsea knows how to keep their kitchen clean. My steak and tempura asparagus was delicious. Will return their often when In New Bern.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Haven't been to New Bern in about 4 yrs. and not a lot has changed. A few new places to eat, a couple new shops and a new hotel. But lucky for me there was a new restaurant that met my expectations. The Chelsea is not much on decor, but the food is Outstanding, arrived at 4:30 & was seated right a way. Had the fried portabella mushrooms as a starter and would have eaten the whole dish my self, but shared instead, Very Good. Then came the Orzo, asparagus, salmon and brie cheese main course which I also loved. Everyone else had different dishes and all of them were prepared well and tasted very good. The prices are a bit steep but good food prepared well comes at a price at times. Place was packed by the time we left @ 6PM.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The Chelsea was buzzing with customers on a Saturday evening in May. We had reservations and didn't have to wait long for our table to be ready. Our table was located upstairs in the restaurant...highly recommend, as it was a cozy table overlooking the downtown area of the City of New Bern. Our server, Amanda was absolutely second to none. She was extremely busy, but never once did we feel neglected or rushed. Her timing was perfect at every step. The food was equally fabulous...Highly recommend the brie and caramelized onion appetizer. Also loved the portabella fries... but would re-name them portebella tempura not fries...our steaks were done perfectly. Will definitely return to the Chelsea and highly recommend. You will not be disappointed.