“Fried Green Tomatoes”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I love their fried green tomato appetizer. I get it every single time I go. I just wish they had more vegetarian options.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Having a late dinner we shared and appetizer and an entree.. and found them both fabulous. Scallops and Grits we spectacular.... The Shrimp was done perfectly... not over done like is often the case. Very comfortable, reasonable and nice wines b y the glass.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Chelsea has some excellent food. I had some shrimp and grits. I definitely enjoyed the dish. And will return to the restaurant next time we are in New Bern.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Traveling with a family of 9. Made a reservation for 6:30 but arrived an hour early and they welcomed us in with no problem. We are from the north and never tried the shrimp & grits appetizer, so we ordered two. We all loved it. All of the meals were delicious with large portions. The waiter was attentive and very friendly. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The food was absolutely delicious...I had shrimp and grits that are to die for...the mashed potatoes were excellent. The chocolate cheesecake was wonderful. I can think of no criticism. The ambience was great as well. Totally great experience