“Don't miss this place!”

Bakers Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 170 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kaneohe, Hawaii
“Don't miss this place!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Decided to try this place, based on the reviews, while looking for lunch yesterday. We are so glad we did!

We arrived at 2pm, and there were exactly 2 tables occupied indoors and one on the sidewalk. Since we have a 5 month old baby, we were pleased with the staff fussing over him....not in a way we have experienced at other restaurants, but a sincere look-at-this-cutiepie way. Each staffmember stopped by to talk to the baby, which was really nice. As closing time approached, (2:30 on Tuesday), the restaurant became almost packed! That was weird......

Anyway, on with the review. Daughter ordered chicken tenders, fries and applesauce. The tenders appeared to be coated in crushed potato chips and deep fried. OMG. Yum! The fries were good and applesauce is, well, applesauce. Overall, delish. My meal was breakfast. I'm a sucker for breakfast and will usually order it if I have a chance. One of my personal measures of a place is whether or not they can cook an egg over-medium. I mean OM correctly. And these eggs were perfect. Bravo! The rest of my meal was bacon, (3 strips, but actually not full strips so more like 2), the house potatoes which are wonderful but waaaaay over-salted, and 2 slices of french toast. The 'syrup' was, I think, a combo of syrup, butter, and confectioner's sugar maybe....whatever it was, it was amazingly perfect. Ohhhhh, so good! I saw an omelette go by on it's way to another table, and I think I'll have to try that next. And the pastry counter on the way out....wow!

The service was excellent. One thing that did occur, which is a pet pieve of mine, is when personnel are sweeping in the eating area while patrons are sitting there. A carpet sweeper is acceptable, but a broom is NOT. Who knows what is flying through the air from that broom and floor? That should be reserved for after closing, or invest in a carpet sweeper. The restaurant staff whould please consider this. If there was a 1/2 star, I would have taken a half off for this reason.

When in New Bern, give this place a try. You will be glad you did!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank SonriseBMD

nc
“loved it”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

we stayed in new bern for 2 days and while there are an abundant supply of restuarants in the area, we chose to eat at bakers 3 times , breakfast twice and one lunch. food and service were both awesome . we'll be back ...

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank bohart
Tampa, Florida
“Locals Spot”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband had the Omelet and I had half waffle, eggs, ham (was salty). It was all delicious. Tables was booked very busy, lots of local people. which to me means the place to go too! I wish I wasn't traveling on from there I'd loved to bought fresh bread and other goodies to take with us. Portions are large prices are good. Friendly people everywhere

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Excellent Breakfast”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Terrific breakfast place. Everything was fresh tasty and plentiful. The waitstaff was beyond friendly and prompt. Made you feel right at home. Ate there two days in a row because we wanted to try everything. Even bought a tee shirt.

• Visited September 2013
Havelock, North Carolina, United States
“Would do it again”
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Ordered French Toast made with cinnamon roll. Really good. Only exception was the bottom was too hard. Could not cut with a knife but the taste was fabulous. Bacon not crispy and I ordered crispy. Taste was good. Eggs scrambled well but were cold.

• Visited August 2013