“For takeout lunch, convenient and tasty”
Review of Bakers Kitchen

Bakers Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 180 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The restaurant looked like an inviting place to sit down and have lunch, but we were in a hurry so we asked for sandwiches to go. No problem, said with a smile. Any business is good business and they aimed to please. Hearty sandwiches, delivered up in To Go boxes, with napkins, were delicious. Beware hanging out waiting for your meal, the baked goods on display are tempting, to say the least, and we did indulge in a couple of cookies for our dessert. They were really good, and I'm glad we indulged!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Weekdays are the best. When its busy things get off the usual quality. Asked for over medium eggs got well done I had to bring it to the waitresses attention even though it was obvious. Got new order promptly. Asked for house cheese potatoes got something that resembles them but not in taste or consistency. When asked told sometimes they have to grill them and that people love them this way. Not this people so I left them on the plate. New menu with some additions. Coffee was good and strong but tasted a little weaker on the last visit. Know by the number of creamers I need to get the right color. Have also tried the Eggs Benedict Special the slice of ham was cut paper thin. Eggs were cooked to my request as medium. Sauce was a bit to salty for me. Will not order again. We come for breakfast mainly but have to adjust the time so my husband can have the club sandwich. Love the breakfast all day service no other spot in town offers this apart from a chain location. French toast is outstanding along with the strawberry waffle. Have also adjusted our visit day on occasion so I can get the Tuesday banana nut pancake special. Over all its our favorite place for breakfast we even take the drive to downtown just to eat there. Expansions can be a difficult adjustment but management is attentive and will work out the kinks.

ggs Benedict

BakersKitchen, General Manager at Bakers Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take all comments and suggestions seriously, and do our best to fix whatever problem there may be. We hope you come back to join us again soon!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Went to Bakers Kitchen for lunch yesterday about noon and were happy to see that breakfast was served all day. Great idea.
We had two very good omelets which here filled with the sausage and vegetables we chose. Topped with cheese of our choice. Coffee was good and refilled promptly.
Service was fine. Only problem was that it took about 20 minutes for our food to arrive. They were completely full with a line-up though so that was understandable.
Definitely will go back again for a dinner. Need a piece of their apple pie or a cinnamon roll.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Been here a few times since they reopened, and things were ok. Went right after Christmas and everything was bad. Tried the meatloaf, it was hard and cold. Daughter ordered chicken and fries, came with mac and cheese, and that was also cold. Had friends with us and out of 3 orders, 1 was right. Told the lady at the front about our dinner, and she said she would tell the manager when she returned. Got a call back 2 weeks later offering a free desert the next time I was in there. I don't think I will be collecting that desert.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had a grilled chicken sandwich and chips, nothing to get excited about, but it was very tasty. They served it on a bulky roll, all the fixings, and there was nothing to complain about. Restaurant is in the heart of historic New Bern, so it's a nice place to walk into if you are sightseeing around town.