“Fabulous view”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
“Fabulous view”
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I stay here every year when I drop my kids off at camp seagull. I've never been disappointed. you can also stay at the day sale condominium next door. The pool and the pool bar overlook the yacht harbor which is gorgeous .

• Stayed June 2011
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, 1 July 2011
We just want to express our thanks for your comment of our hotel. We're extremely pleased that you enjoy your stays with us and we hope that you will continue to be a loyal guest as time goes on. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make you stay even better next time you visit.

Newport Group Social Media Specialist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Washington
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Asked about room availability, was told yes, we have a room, but it's the 2 full beds not the king. Ok. Fine.
As it turns out my room was a smoking room (which I didn't know classy hotels even had anymore in this country) and there was a wedding reception 50 feet away in the banquet hall down the hallway from my room. The doors and walls are not that thick. I admit I have high expectations but if the staff can't even be bothered to mention said tiny fact before booking my room I'll take my money elsewhere time and again. I came here looking for a good night's rest before a 12 hour day of work and instead i have a party that I can't turn off.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank ramblindog
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, 27 June 2011
We want to thank you for informing us of your concerns about our hotel. We do apologize for any inconveniences that you may have encountered and let you know that you review will be used to better our hotel. Next time you are in town we hope that you can stop by and let us make this up to you.

Travellers are raving about these New Bern hotels

Granbury
Reviewed 22 June 2011

This is a place that I can return to over and over again. The front desk staff is always friendly and courtious. The rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. This is a full service hotel. The Resturant, Christophs on the Water is five star and the lounge is a great place to relax with a cool refreshing beverage after a long day. Live music on the deck and in the lounge on weekends too! The corporate sales team is very helpful with meeting space and catering. I have enjoyed this Hilton so much I am planning on bringing my family back here for vacation.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, 23 June 2011
Thank you so much for your awesome comments about our hotel here in New Bern, NC! We are always striving to better please our guests and we are extremely satisfied that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you and your family stay with us again and please let us know if there is anything we can to do better accomodate you on your next stay.

greenville,sc
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Our experience this weekend was terrible-we were put in an inn room and with a wedding reception outside our door. The music was terribly loud and the partying that went on afterward kept our our family up until 4 am. We ordered room service in advance for this am, it was 15 minutes late and unedible. The bacon and toast were hard and cold and the eggs disgusting. The cereal was not the cereal we ordered. We will never go back. Stay away.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank boohooGreenville_sc
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
BOOHOOGREENVILLE_SC,

We thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel in New Bern, NC. We encourage all of our guests to give us their comments and concerns regarding their stay. I do apologize greatly for any Inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We hope that next time you are passing through or coming for a visit you will come by and let us make it up to you.

Newport Group Media Specialist
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 31 May 2011

For our mini vacation, I wanted to stay on the water and within walking distance to the New Bern attractions. We could not have been more pleased with the cleanliness, ATTENTIVE staff, and great location. Memorial Day weekend.... on the deck entertainment, a smile on every employee, coffee in the lobby each morning and ample parking were just a few of the perks. With AAA card, rate was just a smidge over $100 per night with a view of the marina. We could walk to everything. Give it an A+.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Hilton mantra= Travel is more than just A to B. Travel should refresh your spirit.
Therefore, Inhabitants of Room 263 make their pleading!

Gog barked next door 11-1am first night; complained next morning and Hilton staff said they'd walk the floor to find and stop; dog barked last night again; front desk said will fix at ~10pm; dog barked midnight and this morning on of our day 2 of 3; will complain again today in a few and posted a Google Review reflecting that “some Saudi Prince must be staying here be cause they are impervious to the hotel staff’s cease orders!” Jean gave 2 drinks and 2 breakfast passes to accomodate which was nice and the best she could do--where was a manager? Sleeping well I bet both nights!

Room Tip: tell manager you want no dogs around
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Rickboone
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Booked a River View Room 3 weeks in advance, got a room in the Inn Bldg. with a view of the parking lot. Charged my Credit Card before they told me about the room. When I came back to the front desk I was told they over booked and Sorry about the view. Carpet is terrible in both buildings and ac units run very loud.

Room Tip: Try the Comfort Inn located just behind the Hilton
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business