“This Place Will Never Change”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This property has had a couple of different names. Now a Hilton. If you expect the the hotel to have the quality and professional staff of a Hilton you do not want to stay here. You should ask to see the room you will be given and ask questions like if the WiFi works and is the cable working. In the original building you can find holes in the walls, torn shears and water damage in the rooms. My last stay in the new side the toilet seat was half off of the toilet. The Internet access has not worked consistently for Ten + Years I have stayed at the property on and off. There are other choices in town now. I have had to check back out on a few accessions and go to one of the other big names on 17 so I would have Internet access to finish my day end reports.

This hotel is an extremely poor value for what you get.

The staff is deceptive!

If you want to stay at a hotel with friendly staff and clean rooms while in the area stay at one of the Brand names off of 17 or you can spend about $100 more to have a view of the famous New Bern Yacht Harbor at the Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank ranges_2001
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

First we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on our hotel in New Bern, NC. We take great pride in our hotel and we use all comments and suggestions to better our property. We are aware of some of the issues that you have mentioned here in your comment and we want you to know that we are actually about to begin remodeling our hotel in the very near future. We do hope that you will stay with us again another time and check out all of our changes that will be coming soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,228)

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Carpet on 3rd floor not safe, 2 days out of 4 got no maid service, pool was cloudy and nasty and small, air condition hard to keep room cool, no towels at pool, pool closed 9:30 at night and didn't open till 10:30 in morning, elevator wouldn't stop on 3rd floor, had to go to 4th and then back down to 3rd, rude employees when questions were asked. Hope our convention is never held there again!!!! Any other hotel would be better than this Hilton!!! Don't go there! You have been warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Disney031
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2011

We want to sincerely apologize for any inconvienences you experienced during your recent stay at our Hilton in New Bern, NC. We take all comments into consideration and want you to know that we will use everything you told us to better our hotel and staff. We strive to please our guests and we do hope that you will choose to give us another chance and come stay with us again next time you are passing through.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed here for a weekend while dropping our kids off for camp. The rate was reasonable and with HHonors Gold status breakfest was included for both of our rooms. The town's restaurants were packed with camp families so we wnede dup eating at the Hilton restaurant on the water. very good food at reasonable prices. We've already made our researvations for next summer.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

We are so pleased that you enjoyed you trip so much that you decided to go ahead and book for next year! Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and the Hilton brand and please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to better accomodate your family while you are here.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

The room is nice, clean and spacious. The refridgerator is missing from the cabinet, which would be an issue if I were staying longer than one night. The room smells like a smoking room - though identified as nonsmoking. When I called the front desk, I explained there was a thick smoke odor when I entered the room. They had no rooms available to swiitch but promised to send someone with room deodorizer to the room - this was four house ago. They have yet to arrive.

The outdoor area is nice, but the bar server does not visit tables and, if you pay with a credit card, you have to go with her inside the building to get your tab because there is no machine at the outdoor bar. After having a snack outside, I went to the indor restaurant for dinner. I stood at the host stand for 12 minutes, then decided to retreat to my room for room service. i ordered a grilled cheese and french fries. Nearly an hour later, my food arrived. No ketchup was brought with the food.

Overall, not the best expeirence for Hilton. good thing they have wireless internet. the limited number of tv channels available (my room has only 10 at present due to "electronic renovations") left me with time during my stay to write this review!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank samseyborne

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent stay at our hotel in New Bern, NC. We do apologize for any inconvienences that you may have experienced during your stay and we assure you that we use all comments to better our hotel in every way. Your loyalty is very important to us so we hope that next time you are in town you will stay with us again and let us do something to make this up to you.

Reviewed 1 July 2011

Great location on the river. Nice deck to sit on and spend the evening. The staff goes out of their way to make sure that your stay is comfotable. They offer a short walk around the town Monday - Friday in the morning. Great way to get exercise and get to know the town. Would gladly stay here again if we are ever back in this part of the country.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Annemfs
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Thank you for taking time to let us know how pleased you were with your recent stay at our hotel! We hope that next time you are in town you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 June 2011

I stay here every year when I drop my kids off at camp seagull. I've never been disappointed. you can also stay at the day sale condominium next door. The pool and the pool bar overlook the yacht harbor which is gorgeous .

• Stayed: June 2011
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2011

We just want to express our thanks for your comment of our hotel. We're extremely pleased that you enjoy your stays with us and we hope that you will continue to be a loyal guest as time goes on. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make you stay even better next time you visit.

Reviewed 24 June 2011

Asked about room availability, was told yes, we have a room, but it's the 2 full beds not the king. Ok. Fine.
As it turns out my room was a smoking room (which I didn't know classy hotels even had anymore in this country) and there was a wedding reception 50 feet away in the banquet hall down the hallway from my room. The doors and walls are not that thick. I admit I have high expectations but if the staff can't even be bothered to mention said tiny fact before booking my room I'll take my money elsewhere time and again. I came here looking for a good night's rest before a 12 hour day of work and instead i have a party that I can't turn off.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank ramblindog
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2011

We want to thank you for informing us of your concerns about our hotel. We do apologize for any inconveniences that you may have encountered and let you know that you review will be used to better our hotel. Next time you are in town we hope that you can stop by and let us make this up to you.