DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

We were here for a long weekend . Very nice stay the location is perfect , quick walk to the downtown area . We had a one bedroom suite . The only downside was that there was not a door to close off the bedroom . Very pleasant staff .

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank DurellSullivan
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
We're ecstatic that everything was to your liking during your recent stay! We hope that you will be back to see us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

It was ok, really nothing that special as far as service, cleanliness, etc. but neither did they screw up those areas. Ice machine on 5th floor was inop and it looks like it has been for a while (judging by the sign)

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Robert H
We're pleased to hear that everything was up to par for your recent stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how our hotel performed and we hope you'll stay with us again next time you're in town!
Sebastian
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stayed here for a business trip and was impressed. I was upgraded to a suite with a water view without asking based on HHonor status. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathrooms were a little tight, but for an older hotel this is common. The AC was a tad on the loud side.

The hotel itself was quiet, I barely EVER heard other rooms, doors closing, people in the hall, cars, trucks, etc.

The hallway was hot, but I think that was just due to the fact that part of the hall was open to below and hot air rises.

Lots of things were in walking distance, great shops and restaurants.

I would stay here again if I come back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Snaglpus00
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay! We're pleased to here that you enjoyed everything and we look forward to seeing you again soon,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

Our stay began with the warm chocolate cookies from the front desk staff and since then I was captivated. The room was beautiful and had a great view of the marina. Everything was clean and the bathroom was really well kept. The bed was so unbelievably comfortable that the only complaint is that I had to leave it in the morning to sight see. New Bern is a charming little town to walk through for a weekend and the Double Tree only enhanced our stay. Our family isn't used to staying at upper class hotels, yet the price was not that bad and our room was really great. No complaints here!

Room Tip: Fifth floor facing the marina
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Emily R
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Thank you for staying with us! We're ecstatic to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope to see you all again in the near future!
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

I am typing this as I sit in the room ticked over my experience tonight in what is my first and likely last night in this dump. Where do I start... I am in a separate building from the registration desk. I have been locked out of my room twice. Apparently they don't want you leave your room, because if you do the key card won't let you back in. Two 1/4 mile trips over to the other building for a reprogram, with no apology for my troubles whatsoever. Night lady at the desk on my second visit seemed bothered that she actually had to do something. Air unit in the room took 4 hours to drop the temp 2 degrees. The building I'm in is a complete dump. After a day of rain, there are buckets, trash cans, towels and "slippery when wet signs" all over the lobby floor from the leaky roof, hours after the rain has ended. How hard is it to fix the roof? And why hasn't this all been cleaned up by now? Carpet in a Motel 6 is better maintained. It is lumpy, wavy, and dirty in the public areas. Big time tripping hazard, not to mention how BAD it looks. Cable/Sat is terrible, went for a stretch of time with several channels out. ESPN and CBS were glitchy all night and half of the channels available were analog (bad picture). Plus, 4 seconds or so between each click of the channel, to the point I began to doze off between channel changes. Decided to go get a snack from the vending machine. About 4 food choices and one drink option. If you don't like Diet Mt. Dew, you're out of luck. I don't believe they have restocked in over a month. And to top it off, the drink was luke warm at best. OK, I'll get some ice. Ice machine is out of order, imagine that, with a note and a smiley face referring me to the next floor down. Box fan above the ice machine blowing on it like it had been overheating. Fire hazard perhaps? And my return to the room was the 2nd lockout that I mentioned earlier, requiring me to walk over half dressed. And finally, as I'm ready to go to sleep I press the Wake Up/Service button on the phone to ask for a wake up call....nothing but static, button doesn't work. As far as positives go, the bedding is clean, that's about all I've got. With the way my experience is going, I probably won't have hot water in the morning.

Room Tip: Until they refurbish this place, choose another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank 747Kevin
Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know about your stay. We're sorry to hear that our hotel was not in tip top shape for your visit. We are currently working on getting the leaky roof fixed. Our hotel is also still undergoing some fixing up after we were hit hard by a hurricane last year. We hope that you made management aware of your problems while you were in house so they could address your problems immediately. We hope you'll reconsider and give us one more chance next time you're in town.

Travellers are raving about these New Bern hotels

Fredericksburg, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights this past weekend. Air conditioner broke down two nights in a row. The motel recovered by offering us another room that was larger and gave us two dinners to Christoph's restaurant.

The plus side is it is real close to town and listening to the music on the deck was so much fun. Would stay here again but with some reservations.

Room Tip: Stay in the older building street view. Large windows and more room in the corner rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
We're pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate all of your needs. We apologize for the air conditioner breaking but we're glad that the staff took care of you! We hope you'll stay with us again next time you're in town.
Perrysburg, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

We stayed for one night while traveling south. This was a nice hotel in a very nice location. We had a room with a view of the water which was very nice. There were a few minor cosmetic issues with this hotel, like a burned out light bulb, but we are not overly picky about these things. The room did smell musty when we arrived and it was very humid during the time of our visit. The hotel was quiet except for the air conditioner. The air conditioner would run for a while, then it would turn off for about two minutes before turning on again. This happened all night so it was hard to fall asleep. The room did not have a refrigerator and breakfast was unfortunately not included. On the plus side, the beds were so very comfortable and the door did not slam shut. This hotel was in a nice area, the staff was very friendly and the customer service was excellent. The warm walnut chocolate chip cookies were definately a plus. We would consider this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how your recent stay was! We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future.