“Great accommodations near Tryon Palace”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Cary, North Carolina
“Great accommodations near Tryon Palace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

We decided to visit New Bern during the holidays to see North Carolina's first capital decorated for Christmas. The Doubletree is extremely convenient to the historic downtown area and Tryon Palace. Our view of the river was pleasant and the sunsets were spectacular. The only downside for us was that the beds were doubles instead of queens which is a tight fit for my husband and me. Even so, we would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Good Morning

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and to New Bern. I apologize that we are not equipped with queen beds and only offer either doubles or kings at this time. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again and perhaps we can offer you a king with a wonderful view! Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
wRIGHTSVILLE BEACH, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was amazed that anyone/company would allow a hotel with such incredible waterfront views and luxury potential deteriorate to the state of condition which currently exist. Hallway and room carpeting is extremely worn, torn and dirty. Room furniture is stained to the point I did not want to sit on it. Hallway walls are way past the point of needing painting. Would not return until remodeled.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

2 Thank Robert J
Good Morning

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I'm sorry for the condition of the property while you were with us and am happy to report that on Monday, 12/9/13 our renovations begain. They include the carpeting througout the hotel as well as in our guest rooms and also updating of our guests rooms and the furnishings. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us once we have them completed so we can offer you a much more enjoyable visit. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Travellers are raving about these New Bern hotels

Bayboro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

this is a very nice hotel, they are remodeling and there is not much parking space in front of the hotel, you have to park next door and walk over. If I ever need another hotel in New Bern I will stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Good Morning

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am happy to know you enjoyed your visit with us and I am also happy to report that our renovations begain on Monday, 12/9/13. We are excited for the changes and updates this will bring and hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the King balcony facing the river which was a very nice view. Very small bathroom with no room to move around without bumping your feet or elbows on something. Under the sink is open leaving all the rusty sink pipes exposed which is not pleasant at all. Can tell this is for sure an older hotel transitioned into a Double Tree and lacked some Double Tree standards most of us are used to. I did approve of the house keeping staff leaving me clean towels awaiting my arrival in the evening. Since I leave my do not disturb sign on my doorknob at all times. OH! THE HOT WATER IS HORRIBLE. Water pressure is hardly nothing and the water barely gets luke warm. I thought it may just be an evening thing. Guess what the morning just wake up want a hot shower? Nah not at this hotel! I had to raise the heat every time I got out the shower!

The restaurant is average at less you like getting over priced steak, or a cheeseburger and I would recommend just going to a fast food joint than eat there. Not the average restaurant you find in the Double Trees.

Front desk staff is very helpful and friendly. And the cookie need I say more!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Samuel_1223
Falls Church, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Great facility, nice river views, very friendly and helpful people. Breakfast was both buffet and made to order items and was included in room costs. Staff quickly accommodated need for adjoining rooms. Service was not diminished despite holiday. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Good Morning

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know you enjoyed your visit with us and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Thanksgiving at New Bern, NC with our furry children

Wife and I arrived at the hotel at about 13:00 after a two hour drive from Cary, NC. Although check-in is at 15:00. The very friendly front desk person let us have the room early and greeted us with warm chocolate chip cookies. A plus in my book!

Our room was at the first floor, very clean, spacious for the four of us, and facing the marina, wow what a sight. The hotel employees to include other guests were so friendly to us and to our furry children. This is an A+ place to bring our kiddies along. Oh I don’t want to forget kudos to housekeeping; super friendly.

Downtown New Bern is about a five minute walk from the hotel. The residents there are friendly and loving to our furry children.

We took in the sights e.g. Tryon Palace, the marina, downtown, civil war history and the surrounding homes; all beautiful and nicely kept. And at night, went downtown to enjoy the thanksgiving festival; wonderful place!

A tucked away gem.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Good Morning

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and also New Bern. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Salisbury, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here while traveling on business in mid November '13. The hotel is in great shape and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located on the water front and is a short easy walk to beautiful downtown New Bern. I had dinner at the hotel resturaunt and was plesantly suprised! Had the Mahi mahi - it was one of the best meals I have eaten in a long time! Overall great experience. I will stay here each time I go back to New Bern.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Good Morning

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that we were able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you during your visit and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. I will make sure I share with our Executive Chef and his staff how pleased you were with your dinner. Thank you and have a wonderful day!