1,324 results
All reviews hotel restaurant warm cookies the river beautiful view balcony room within walking distance convention center in town downtown area north carolina historic district tryon palace marina riverfront boats conference pet
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Front desk delivers excellent service---which ought to be enough said but the software requires 200 characters and so I will add some additional remarks to fill out the screen. Why 200? Why not 199 or 1998?

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you so much for the review of the property and for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed one night. The facility is clean, & that's a plus. I was on the third floor, w/a view of the river/boats. The bed was comfortable,, & the furnishings typically Hilton. I settled in for a good nights rest, but that is where this property failed. They have a patio outside w/music & a deejay that was so loud it virtually vibrated in my third floor room. The desk clerk had said the music would 'move inside' at 10:00pm, & would not be a disturbance in the rooms after that. He was wrong...I called to talk w/the desk clerk about the noise at 10:45 and again after midnight. The noise was terrible...only drowned out by the really loud air conditioning unit in the room. I got hardly any sleep...when one of my traveling companions (who was in a room on another floor) went to the desk to talk about the noise, the clerk said, 'well there is a sign at the desk' that said there was music....no apology...no understanding... Would not recommend to friends...& will not stay at thus property again...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 91BG

Good Morning

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the loud disturbance from the music on the deck and the the loud HVAC unit. I have brought this to the attention of our General Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, Chief of Engineering and our Front Office Manager so that these items can be addressed immediately. We certainly strive to make sure all of our guests are made comfortable. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent Hotel and staff in a beautiful and historic area of North Carolina. The hotel facilities and staff were excellent, with warm and friendly service from caring people there to assist their guests. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in and around the New Bern North Carolina area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Good Morning

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy we were able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you during your visit and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here with our dog and were given a room in the annex building and couldn't be happier. We had a huge room, 3 balcony french windows, and great waterside and promenade views.

This hotel is an excellent choice for visiting New Bern. Footsteps away from downtown, river cruises, great walk along the promenade and all the best restaurants within walking distance.

Breakfast was plentiful and a bargain. $10 for buffet and coffee. Hubby ordered an omelette as his buffet egg option and that was included in the price.

Great spot for families, couples and pet-loving travelers.

Room Tip: Ask for higher level floors for better views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we have the pleausure of you staying again. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This venue provided some of the most pleasant and helpful staff I have encountered at any Hilton property in the United States. The location (Neuse River/Pamlico Sound) was beautiful. The downtown area of New Bern was a clean and vibrant surprise. The city area is "walkable" and laid out in a reasonable fashion. The Southern cuisine is as good as you would find in Charleston and/or Savannah.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Thank Dr. John Eric P

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and I am so happy that our staff was able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you during your visit. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Have a wonderful day!