“Recent Rennovation - good and bad”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Jamestown, United States
“Recent Rennovation - good and bad”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Apparently, my room was recently rennovated and opened to guests without a proper inspection. Half the floor was still blocked off for rennovation when I arrived. Not only was I greeted by strong chemical smells in the hallway, but a couple of detail items in the room were overlooked. The first was the flush handle on the toilet, which was easy enough to remedy by pulling the tank lid and securing the nut required to hold the handle in place. Then I noticed that my TV remote did not work. After checking to ensure batteries were in place (they were), I then checked to see if power was on the TV. I pulled the TV and base away from the wall to discover the power cord was not connected to the TV.... again, an easy fix, but both items were an inconvenience and should have been discovered during inspection. To cap it off, 2 fire alarms after 10:45 pm probably due to the rennovation work. Please don't get me worng, I do like this hotel and location.... But, a proper inspection prior to releasing the room would have discovered and corrected the problems encountered.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Brian P
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I sincerely apologize that your room was not properly inspected prior to you entering the room and have brought this to the attention of our General Manager, Chief of Engineering and our Director of Housekeeping. These are certainly not the standards we strive to achieve and this will be addressed immediately. Thank you and have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
North Carolina
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed here recently for a conference and can recommend it
Clean comfortable room with 2 double beds
Very comfy bed with 4 pillows each and nice quality linens
Large flat screen tv with high def cable and Showtime
Closet with plenty of hangers and a luggage rack
Bathroom small but clean and plenty of towels

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TarHeelLady
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your visit and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a great day!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed at the New Bern, NC and the River view was beautiful. We had been to my Mother's brother's funeral that day and did not want to drive her all the way home. It was a almost 3 hour drive home and she didn't sleep the night before we left home. The soft 40's Jazz playing on the deck below our home helped her to unwind and relax. She slept throughout the night and she enjoyed it all immensely. Thank you for making a difficult time for her end pleasantly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am sorry for your loss of a family member but I'm glad that your Mom was able to relax after such a trying day and was able to get some much needed rest I'm sure. Thank you and have a great day!
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at The Doubletree in New Bern last month and had a wonderful time.Traveling with our westie this time we stayed at the doggie friendly rooms that are on the property. The room was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.One cleaning lady stopped us and asked about our dog and gave him some lovin (which he Loved) being only 16 pounds he is very easy to manage.Walking the Marina was pure Heaven and the grounds are manicured to perfection.The Hotel has a Bar and a restaurant and a nice clean pool. The town is only 1 block away with nice shops and plenty of restaurants .I would put this hotel at the top of my list.

Room Tip: Ask for Marina view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that our staff made you and your westie feel welcomed during your visit. I am also happy that you enjoyed all New Bern has to offer and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a great day!
Clemmons, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Good room, great staff,process of remodeling pool clean and well looked after. Easy parking,close to convention center . Easy walking to historical district Good walking along water way. Great food and snacks

Room Tip: All being remodeled, all see water
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know you enjoyed your visit with us and that our staff made you feel welcomed. I will also make sure our Executive Chef is aware that you enjoyed the food. Thank you and have a great day!
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Location of facility is excellent but our room was awful. Ground floor parking lot view. Like a cave. Noise at all hours outside the room. But the housekeeping staff was excellent. Will never stay there again because of room location and lack of concern by staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank O892IHgeorgec
Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize that your view was a city view and being on the ground floor was facing the parking lot. I hope you will give us another chance to improve your opinion and I would personally like you to contact me and I can assure you a room with a beautiful view overlooking the marina and rivers. Thank you and have a great day!

Travellers are raving about these New Bern hotels

NYC
Reviewed 15 June 2014

While we overlooked the water and pool, which was lovely, there was a DJ playing until 10:30 on Friday night. We called and complained, and were told that they would go inside at 10:30, and the noise would be gone. Not quite. They came inside, but were now right under our room. When we called again, we were told the music would end at 12:30. It did, but a pleasant night was ruined.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank NycCjo
Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize about the deck party noise you experienced and have informed our General Manager and our Front Office Manager to please make sure that guests are made aware of the activities on Friday night and seeing if they would prefer a room in our Inn building which is out of ear shot of the music. Thank you again and have a great day!