DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Wake Forest, United States
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I normally don't give Reviews but Double Tree was great and enjoy every moment in the hotel and the area. Will be back next July 4th. The only thing wrong which couldn't be helped was the construction going on in the hotel which took away some of the beauty of certain areas.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to having you stay with us again. I can assure you that by next year our renovations will be done. Thank you and and have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Hyattsville, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Came for family reunion July 4th weekend. It was a wonderful weekend. The hotel and staff were great. The banquet hall was efficently set up and the food was great. This is a really good property in a great location. Had fun at the club downstairs. Some folks complained about the noise from the club in their guest rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that our staff and your reunion were a success. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Have a great day!
Havelock, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Service was great. Everyone went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. They are renovating the hotel and we were lucky enough to get one of the renovated rooms. The room was nice. The only problem we had was with the TV reception. We stayed 11 days and had TV reception only 1 night. I understand that they have a contract with Direct TV which will expire in 4 months. I urge them to buy out the contract and go with another provider. This is just unacceptable for a Hilton Hotel. We were never able to pick up the local New Bern Channel, and the TV reception only stayed on for about 10 minutes at a time. Then it would go off for hours. It was not just our room, it was the same in the Bar and on other public TV's in the hotel as well. It was just annoying to not be able to follow the news, some sporting events and local happenings on the local news.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am happy to know our staff made you feel welcomed during your visit. I also would like to apologize for the issues you faced with our TV programming. I have brought this to the attention of our General Manager and our Chief of Engineering. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Oakland, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014

If you have traveled a fair amount, then you know sometimes things can go wrong. Our stay at this hotel was one of those times. Our first assigned room was freezing ( a waste of energy) and smelled of strong air fresher or cleaning solvents. No windows opened.Moved to another room where the air conditioner was broken and the ceiling leaked.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Jude R
Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the issues you faced with the HVAC in both room and that there was a look also. I have brought this to the attention of our General Manager, Chief of Engineering and our Director of Housekeeping so they can be addressed immediately. Thank you again and have a great day!

Travellers are raving about these New Bern hotels

Alexandria, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The DoubleTree by Hilton in New Bern NC is the worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune to make a reservation. The hallways and lobby are NOT air-conditioned in the "new" facility. The HVAC systems in the rooms are noisy, poorly maintained and insufficient to keep the rooms at a bearable temperature. The overhead fans have to run to be able to have any type of comfort. There is no room at the bathroom sink to put a tube of toothpaste let alone any other grooming product. There is no side table on one side of the bed. The light switches are in awkward positions in the room - you need a flashlight. The "river" view is only available if you climb up on a window seat. The staff removed a TV because we complained it did not have a remote control.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Lindalee F
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take the opportunity to apologize for the myriad of issues you faced during your stay. I can assure you those are not the standards we strive to achieve. I have shared all the items that you mentioned with our General Manager, Chief of Engineering, Director of Housekeeping and our Front Office Manager so that they can all be addressed immediately. I did take note that they were able to remove the charges for your stay as you should not have to pay for the room in that condtion. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I love knowing what to expect with a Hilton property. Even though this Doubletree was under construction, I was still impressed with the hotel. The staff went well beyond the call of duty to make sure I was comfortable and happy. The restaurant was pretty good for a hotel restaurant. The bar was great!! Our bartender David went well beyond the call of duty to make sure we were pleased with every drink. The personal attention was worth dealing with the construction.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Good Morning

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that our staff made you feel welcomed during your visit and that our construction did not affect your stay. I will make sure I share your pleasure with David over his awesome cocktails. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Have a wonderful day!
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I stayed in New Bern, NC for our anniversary. I asked the hotel if they could do something nice for our arrival and they delivered. The place is under renovation but was still clean and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in New Bern. The customer service was fantastic.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that our staff made your anniversary memorable and you and your mate enjoyed New Bern. Thank you and have a great day!