“Very nice stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed there Friday - Sunday of July 4th weekend. Was a little concerned reading the negative reviews concerning the renovations they are going through. We have stayed here twice in the past and were really surprised when I saw all the bad reviews.

We arrived Friday at about noon and our room was not ready yet. I figured it wouldn't be as they were totally booked for the weekend. We sat outside on the deck and had a drink and some food, and not too long after that our room was ready. The room was very nice, clean, and comfortable. You saw very little intrusion of renovations taking place over the whole property.

Every employee we came in contact with, including Diane, the guest relations manager, was very courteous and helpful.

I can't speak for all the negative reviews, and maybe a while ago they had some issues, but we did not experience any problems during our stay, and won't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank awc88
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy I got the pleasure to meet you while you were here and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back again. Thank you and have a great day!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,214)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

First of all, you can't beat the location. Located just steps from the water and a couple of blocks from really cool shops and restaurants in historic downtown New Bern. There is a lot of cool stuff to see within walking distance including Tryon Palace and Bradham's Pharmacy (birthplace of Pepsi). It's right next door to the convention center.
As far as the property is concerned, it does show its age a bit. When I checked in, my room was terribly stuffy and muggy. I notified the front desk, and maintenance was in my room within 15 minutes. After about a half hour, the problem was fixed. The front desk even gave me a voucher for a free drink for the inconvenience.
Even though it's an older property, you can't beat the location and the view of the boats and bridges. I will definitely stay here again because of those factors as well as the customer service I encountered throughout my stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank KentuckyPT
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that our staff was able to meet your needs and that you enjoyed our little town. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times to attend conferences in the nearby conference center. The area is beautiful with fantastic local, unique shops and restaurants. I do not recommend booking the 5th (top) floor as the hallways are very warm. We were able to control the additional warmth by lowering the temperature in the room significantly. I recommend booking a room in the adjacent hotel annex. It is directly beside the main hotel, yet a little less busy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Charles S

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to reivew the property. I am happy to report that the chiller for the main tower is in the process of being built and should be operational shortly. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The staff of this hotel is by far the best I have ever dealt with. We felt appreciated and comfortable the moment we stepped in the hotel. All hotels should have their staff treat customers this way. Plus the hotel is in the prime spot in the town, easy walking distance to all of the attractions and great restaurants.

1  Thank Bradley B

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that the staff made you feel welcomed during your visit. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel is situated in a prime location. Close to restaurants and shopping. It sits on the River and for the rooms with river views and marina, its great. The hotel was undergoing a renovation and wasn't quite up to Hilton standards. When I booked this room as a river view, I was not aware that a balcony was not part of the room rate. In order to have a balcony with river view, an upgrade was necessary. Which I found out later. The cost was nominal and we opted for this. Balcony was very narrow and had no chairs. Upgrading was to include a refrigerator in the room, which it did not. Great restaurant on the premises and good size pool. Room was clean and a good size, but very noisey A/C unit.Would stay here again only after renovation.

2  Thank simplylovely

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize that we are unable to keep chairs on the balcony for safety purposes, but should we have the pleasure of you staying with us again, please call the front desk and they will have chairs brought up for you. I am happy you enjoyed the view, the restaurant and the pool during your visit. I have made our Chief of Engineering aware of the HVAC unit in the room and that is being addressed immediately. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Double Tree in New Bern, NC. Although the room was nice, I was a little disappointed in a few things. My room was not available to check-in until apparently 3pm, but I was in a wedding that started at 2pm, so clearly I couldn't check in at that time. Nobody offered to hold my luggage anywhere so I had to put it in the bride and grooms room. (a little annoying if you ask me). Also, I found a few spiders in the bathroom .. gross. Bed was comfortable, but all in all, it was nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kelly F

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize that your room was not ready before the 3pm check in but we certainly should have offered to hold your luggage. I also apologize for the spiders that were in your bathroom, I have brought this to the attention of our Director of Housekeeping and our Chief of Engineering so that it can be addressed immediately. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I normally don't give Reviews but Double Tree was great and enjoy every moment in the hotel and the area. Will be back next July 4th. The only thing wrong which couldn't be helped was the construction going on in the hotel which took away some of the beauty of certain areas.

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to having you stay with us again. I can assure you that by next year our renovations will be done. Thank you and and have a great day!