DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
Courtyard New Bern(New Bern)
US$131
Holiday Inn Express New Bern(New Bern)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$125
US$110
ComfortSuites
US$157
US$138
Hampton Inn New Bern(New Bern)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$139
US$122
US$144
The Captain's Stay(New Bern)(Great Value!)
US$109
Hotwire.com
The Aerie(New Bern)
Meadows Inn(New Bern)
TripAdvisor
1,265 results
All reviewsthe riverwarm cookiesbeautiful viewbalcony roomwithin walking distanceconvention centerhotel is in a great locationwater frontdowntown areahistoric districtnorth carolinatryon palacemarinariverfrontboatsconferencepet
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Beautiful Property and within walking distance of several great places to eat. Town of New Bern is a hidden gem. Staff at front desk is outstanding as are Myron and Vince at the bar. Looks like they are updating the rooms which is needed but the Hotel has always been well kept clean and friendly.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Diane T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your visit and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Even though the hotel was having some renovations done, it did not interfere with our visit at all. Nice outside patio overlooking the marina! Everything was great as expected at a DoubleTree! Breakfast buffet was especially good where you could have your eggs made to order instead of the usual scrambled!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Good Afternoon

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know you enjoyed your visit and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

It was a nice stay. I would go there again. No problem with staff. Everyone was just so helpful and always a pleasant smile at the door, with a warm cookie and the fruit that sat on the desk. IT WAS GREAT. The dining food was excellent and the prices are reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer S
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy that we were able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you during your visit and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

First of all, let me say that the lady who greeted me at the front desk when I checked in was wonderful and accommodating. Also, the view of the marina outside my window was breathtaking. Everything was wonderful except the service offered by the hotel staff. My flight arrived very late and I didn't get to the hotel until midnight. I was exhausted. I asked for a 6:30 a.m. wakeup call. I received the wakeup call 15 minutes early at 6:15 a.m. I ordered room service to bring breakfast between 6:45 and 7:00 a.m. Room service arrived at 6:25 a.m.! When I told the woman who brought my breakfast how late I had gotten to bed and commented that the staff should learn how to tell time, she complained about me to her superiors. Later when I returned from my meetings and ordered lunch in the hotel restaurant, this same woman rang up my lunch purchase. The hotel/restaurant manager came out from the kitchen and stared at me while I paid my bill and this woman brought up our earlier exchange as though I had done something wrong. I could not wait to get away from that hotel and I do not intend to return. The hotel manager is clearly more concerned with protecting the feelings of their staff than ensuring their guests receive decent service.

2  Thank A H

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I also wanted to apologize for the issues you faced with "timing". I can assure you I have personally taken care of this so it does not impact another guest, I'm very sorry you were. I have also brought the issue of the manger in the restaurant to the attention of our General Manager and our Director of Food & Beverage so that this can be addressed immediately, this is certainly not how we wnat our guests to be treated. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Doubletree in New Bern is really, really trying to become the top hotel in New Bern. It's got a ways to go, but the location is perfect, and with a few additional upgrades, this should be a top choice in this charming little river town.

Formerly the Hilton (and of course still a Hilton brand), the Doubletree has taken over a second building at the Yacht Club/marina and is converting it to upscale rooms. On a recent two-day stay, our room was in this second building. The room had been renovated, and it was huge for a non-suite, but there were still some little issues not yet resolved, such as an old bath tub that had not yet been refinished, a tiny TV (especially given the size of the room) and a door that didn't lock unless you slammed the heck out of it. Still, this room was HUGE, with new carpet, new paint and new furnishings (albeit only one chair).

And you can't beat the hotel location with a stick, right on the river with a nice breeze most times to cool things down, and within easy walking distance of the main part of downtown New Bern, both the shops ... and the empty store fronts. (Okay, let's tell it like it is: New Bern is charming but the "reconstructed" Tryon Palace and the old houses can't bring in enough people to fill those empty storefronts -- looks like some of the existing merchants are struggling.)

Bottom line: I'd stay at the Doubletree New Bern again, but maybe give it a few more months to finish up the renovations and upgrades.

Room Tip: The rooms in the second building are large, but a bit of a hike to the main hotel building. If you don't want the hike, ask for a room in the main building.
1  Thank LanSluderBelize

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. As you are aware we are very excited for our 2nd phase of renovations to be completed shortly and look forward to making even more improvements at our property. We look forward to having you stay with us again when they are complete so we can Create A Rewarding Experience for you. Thank you and have a great day!