“Best of the best in the High Country”
Review of Fabio's Restaurant

Fabio's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Newland
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We have a summer home in Newland and can't wait for Summer, and to eat at Fabio's. It is by far the best place to eat in the High Country.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I had to write another review after reading a negative one about Fabio's. I really don't know what this person what referring to, but Fabio's truly prepares some of the best food in the High Country of North Carolina.

We went to one of Fabio's "Wine Dinners" just last week where he pairs 6 courses with 6 wines for only $27. It not only is quite the deal but the food is spectacular! From appetizer to dessert each course was absolutely delicious! Full of flavor, creativity, portions are huge... all with wine!

We were with a group and everyone stated "the best meal!" as they sat back in their seat fully satisfied.

Check out his website for the schedule of his wine dinners because typically he is open for breakfast and lunch only. www.fabioandkids.com

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I had spaghetti, the place is supposed to be Italian. Terrible! The meatballs were gritty as if they had stone ground corn meal in them. It was cold and the cook was sitting outside smoking. Cute building, friendly waitress but the food was not good. Maybe other items are better

1  Thank Renee W
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I am an almost local (from about 15 miles away) but had never ate here. I'd seen cars there and assumed it was good...but for whatever reason hadn't tried it until today. Yeah I'll be back...!

We were heading over to Oktoberfest at Sugar Mountain and decided to try Fabios for breakfast, not wanting the usual quick McDonalds or Hardees. We caught it at a good time-only three other tables were seated/occupied. I ordered the ALMOND FRENCH TOAST (capitalized for a reason!) and bacon. My wife got vegetable omelet of some sort (?). The biscuits as a side order were different but very good and filling. The bacon was good also. The ALMOND FRENCH TOAST is outstanding!

Although we were mainly waited on by a male (possibly Fabio's son?) Fabio did bring the food out and check back with us. You can tell he takes his craft seriously and I'm glad to see a fmaily owned business.

Cant wait to go back for lunch or dinner some day!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Went with girlfriends to Fabio's on a night when wine tasting was paired with dinner. It was delicious and fun...a "must do" if visiting this area in NC. Reservations are required for this event.