“Very casual, but good food”
Review of Carolina Barbeque

Carolina Barbeque
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Newland
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We were told this was the best restaurant in town. After a day of hiking on the BRP, we decided we needed to "cleanup" before we went out to eat. Food is ordered at the counter and brought to your table. The food was very good for a casual restaurant, and reasonably priced. Just remember, no need to get dressed up!

There are newer reviews for Carolina Barbeque

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Went by for a much needed lunch after hanging out on the mountain the night before. Everything was deep southern style BBQ all the way. Sauce on the side is always the way to go. Good flavors.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is by far one of the best meals we have ever had at a barbeque! It was easy to find, great location, the menu had lot's to choose from and the staff were wonderful! They had several different sauces to choose from and all of them were great!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We visited while we were touring the Blue Ridge Parkway. My husband had the smoked chicken and said it was the best meal he had on the trip. My meal was simple but good. I would give it a 4, but had to give it a 5 because it was my hubby's favorite meal!!!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

There is no denying that Carolina BBQ has some great food at a good price. However, had I known how bad the service was and how difficult communication was going to be, I would never have booked them to cater my wedding.

The caterers were an hour late and were not set up until after my guests had been seated for 30 minutes. They also did not help clean up the plates and then went to three different people in my wedding party asking why there was no gratuity included in the final check. It was my understanding with the owner that gratuity would be included with the final price and so I did not include it on accident. I would have gladly added a tip at a later time had the service been acceptable. The way the whole situation was handled was completely unprofessional.

I called the manager David to discuss it and he just never called me back. This honestly was not unusual with him. Prior to the wedding, whenever I would call or email with a question it would take at least 3 days to get a response and many times I was just ignored. The sheer rudeness and disrespect was amazing. Eating in their restaurant is never a bad experience, but their catering is completely unorganized. Look elsewhere unless you want to be stressed beyond belief with your caterer.

2  Thank Emurf033