“Best yeast rolls ever”

Christa's Country Corner
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Newland
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Christa makes yeast rolls fresh every day and they are fabulous as the bread on one of her wonderful sandwiches.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

The ladies working in the shop at Linville Falls recommended this place to us when we told them we were hungry. I can honestly say I would have never stopped here in a million years had they not raved about it. We're talking hole in the wall country store/truck stop. If it weren't for our hunger and time crunch I might have even looked for some place else. But man oh man am I thrilled we decided to just go with it. I expected pre-made gas station sandwiches...but Christa is one amazing cook. The homemade yeast rolls are amazing. The chicken and pork and brisket are all smoked on site. Service was "down home country" friendly. Next time we're up in the mountains we will make it a point to go to Christa's again - might even plan our trip around it. I felt like we were robbing them when I saw the check. Yummm-O!

Reviewed 11 October 2012

OMG....Matty in Emerald City who is a doll BTW told us to eat here. Just pass Linnville off The Blueridge Parkway this run down gas station grocery store restaurant was one of the best places I have ever eaten. Clarissa herself greeted us, and took our order. She suggested the homemade yeast bread which she makes herself daily. I had the bread with Prime Rib awesome the bomb. My hubby had a Pork Sandwich which he only allowed me a small bite. I hear the smoked Hotdog and Burger are the favorites. We are driving North so maybe on the way back South we stop in again.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband and I on a motorcycle trip stopped by accident looking for directions. As soon as we entered and were asked by Christa herself "Are You'ns Hungry?" we decided indeed we were hungry:) I got the smoked hot dog and my husband the smoked burger. They were both served on their warm, homemade yeast roll (large size) and were incredible! They sliced my hot dog so that it laid in the bun perfectly & I added bacon & cheese (yes, I was letting it all go to pot on vacation:). They tasted wonderful and then we treated ourselves to their homemade cinnamon roll w/cream cheese icing-WOW! My husband also got the coleslaw and said it was the best he had ever had. They took our picture for us & then Christa told us about the roads we were looking for (giving us some much needed advice about which ones are okay to travel by motorcycle and which to avoid). All in all this is the type of place that we love to find when on the road-we will be back whenever possible!!!

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Me and 13 other bikers were touring the Blue Ridge Parkway when we stopped in here for lunch. This place is as close as you can get to the parkway without being in the street. It's basically a country store with a sandwich counter - and a fair amount of indoor seating along with a little outdoor seating. All 14 of us enjoyed our food, that's saying a lot! But what made the experience worth the 5 stars is the staff. They truly appeared to enjoy preparing, serving and cleaning. I've never seen it's equal. Sure, I've been in pleasant restaurants plenty of times - but this is different.